Weekend PL fixtures 2/3 September

Comments

• Man United have turned into Newcastle United hahaha
  • why are Arsenal playing Newcastle =)
  • Finally a correct usage of VAR imo, Arsenal penalty overturned.
  • Arsenal win it now, Maguire coming on 😂🤣😂
  • Nah, this is where he seals his rightful place in Utds back line, his legend status and his move to West Ham never happens
  • Saka really shoulda scored there.
  • A lot closer to being onside than I thought in real time, I thought he was well off tbh.
  • Rice scores the winner.
  • “ Don’t you DARE kiss that badge Declan”.
  • I have nothing to say ,
  • Very happy I'm not watching the game after that info was just put in my brain. Not bitter, just don't want to see it (and I'll watch the highlights up to the 90th minute haha)
  • Then Jesus scores in the 100th minute
  • Arsenal win it now, Maguire coming on 😂🤣😂

Called it.

• Love seeing Man U lose, but hate seeing Arteta celebrate.
  • Anyone would think Arsenal have beat a top team 🤣
  • Think my streamer must be a Manc. Video gone 😂
  • I know its a really massive ask, but what I'd give if we could finish above Arsenal this season.
  • Bazshuayi said:

I know its a really massive ask, but what I'd give if we could finish above Arsenal this season.

Would love that, but I'd prefer us to beat them in the EL final, after they drop out of the CL, then they beat Liverpool in the semi-final (as in 1980) only to fall to the massive Hammers in the final.
  • edited September 2023

Rice scores the winner.

It just had to happen didn't it.

Screecher Drury says that's why you pay the big bucks. I watched the game and Rice was inconspicuous throughout. His only telling contribution needed a deflection, it's just a pity it was Evans and not Maguire who deflected it.

Coincidentally or otherwise, the first time I saw Rice play was when he scored the only goal at the London Stadium versus Arsenal in 2019.
  • Own goal it is then =)

Screecher Drury says that's why you pay the big bucks. I watched the game and Rice was inconspicuous throughout. His only telling contribution needed a deflection, it's just a pity it was Evans and not Maguire who deflected it.

Coincidentally or otherwise, the first time I saw Rice play was when he scored the only goal at the London Stadium versus Arsenal in 2019.
    Just seen the replay and it was Maguire who deflected it after all. =) =)
  • edited September 2023
    No sour grapes at all, but IMHO RIce was just another player and not a stand out player…
    Guess he’s buzzing or gunning, bully for him..,
    And now he thinks he’s vanilla ice 🤣🤣🤮🤮
  • No sour grapes at all, but IMHO RIce was just another player and not a stand out player…
    Guess he’s buzzing or gunning, bully for him..,

That was always going to be his future at a “bigger” club. A very important tool but not a star.

And to be honest, I thought we should’ve treated him the same way to be honest. Don’t think he’s that talented when he actually gets around the opposition box (but fantastic up to that point).
  • To be fair I thought that Rice had a solid game but it was bit ridiculous how the commentators waxed lyrical over him, my feed made him MOTM!!

I had to truly LOL at Slackers comment as I had exactly the same thought, celebrate by all means but don’t you DARE…………

It was an enjoyable game and for once VAR actually worked
  • He was never worth the money we got for him that’s for sure but who cares. Arteta was the only one prepared to pay the asking price when all the others only offered what they thought he was worth.
    He had no real impact at all today until he had that deflected shot but that’s what it will all be about.

Disagree. He was in the game from early on, made a few interceptions and tackles and scored the winner, imo, probably MOTM.
  • IronHerb said:

Rice scores the winner.

Disagree. He was in the game from early on, made a few interceptions and tackles and scored the winner, imo, probably MOTM.
    Hey, we all entitled to our own thoughts, but have to agree with Bubbles, IMO the game was better than Rice being MOM 👍🏻
  • Thanks mate.
  • IronHerb said:

Thanks mate.

When I read that, Fluffy and Nicey from Harry Enfield popped into my head hahaha