Weekend PL fixtures 2/3 September

13»

Comments

• Is it me or is ETH just at the second coming of OGS, but with a bit more moaning thrown in?
  • They all moan when they're not winning.
  • Just seen the replay and it was Maguire who deflected it after all. =) =)

Was it really? I saw it a number of times and was convinced it came off Evans.

• Just seen the replay and it was Maguire who deflected it after all. =) =)

Was it really? I saw it a number of times and was convinced it came off Evans.

It was definitely Evans
  • Deflection or not, West Ham really dodged a bullet with Maguire!
  • Just watched it on MOTD2 with a different angle to that which I saw earlier and yes, it was Evans.
  • edited September 2023

Rice scores the winner.

MrsGrey said:

Ugh.

Slacker said:

“ Don’t you DARE kiss that badge Declan”.

steve said:

I have nothing to say ,

Bazshuayi said:

Very happy I'm not watching the game after that info was just put in my brain. Not bitter, just don't want to see it (and I'll watch the highlights up to the 90th minute haha)

Bazshuayi said:

I know its a really massive ask, but what I'd give if we could finish above Arsenal this season.

Would love that, but I'd prefer us to beat them in the EL final, after they drop out of the CL, then they beat Liverpool in the semi-final (as in 1980) only to fall to the massive Hammers in the final.

It just had to happen didn't it.

Screecher Drury says that's why you pay the big bucks. I watched the game and Rice was inconspicuous throughout. His only telling contribution needed a deflection, it's just a pity it was Evans and not Maguire who deflected it.

Coincidentally or otherwise, the first time I saw Rice play was when he scored the only goal at the London Stadium versus Arsenal in 2019.

No sour grapes at all, but IMHO RIce was just another player and not a stand out player…
    Guess he’s buzzing or gunning, bully for him..,
    And now he thinks he’s vanilla ice 🤣🤣🤮🤮

He was never worth the money we got for him that’s for sure but who cares. Arteta was the only one prepared to pay the asking price when all the others only offered what they thought he was worth.
    He had no real impact at all today until he had that deflected shot but that’s what it will all be about.

To be fair I thought that Rice had a solid game but it was bit ridiculous how the commentators waxed lyrical over him, my feed made him MOTM!!

I had to truly LOL at Slackers comment as I had exactly the same thought, celebrate by all means but don’t you DARE…………

It was an enjoyable game and for once VAR actually worked

Disagree. He was in the game from early on, made a few interceptions and tackles and scored the winner, imo, probably MOTM.

Hey, we all entitled to our own thoughts, but have to agree with Bubbles, IMO the game was better than Rice being MOM 👍🏻

Declan Rice is going to find someone is boiling his bunny
  • Aslef, you’ve quoted me saying something I definitely didn’t say!!!. No worries….
    Rice was discussed yesterday for obvious reasons, the goal, the OTT IMO praise he’s received by some on TV and his all round performance, nothing to get excited about by anyone!!
  • Anyhow, a team with such a rich PL history in Man U, end up with Evans and Maguire in defence, the team that keeps giving 🤣😆
  • Sorry, there were quite a few of quotes of quotes in there so I may have misattributed a quote that you quoted but we do seem to spend an awful lot of time discussing Rice on here

I was working 2pm - 9pm yesterday and haven't seen any of the match so no idea whether the praise was OTT or not
  • When he starts Darwin games I'll give him first Prowse