Brighton (A) Saturday 26th August 5:30pm live on Sky

Comments

• Please don't do this, West Ham.
  • We haven’t so you haven’t got the touch.
  • Moyes negative tactics come back to bite him. He took off our centre forward and now has to bring on a centre forward to give us an outlet after they score.
  • MIAHammer said:

Moyes negative tactics come back to bite him. He took off our centre forward and now has to bring on a centre forward to give us an outlet after they score.

We are 3-1 up away from home against every neutrals favourite team and a historical bogey team for us

Don't think Moyes tactics can be questioned right now
  • Top of the table.....wahooooo!!
  • We finally beat our PL bogey team on the 13th attempt.
  • Incredibly impressive win. Back to our lethal counter-attacking best.

Wish we had Brighton's recruitment team. JWP and Alvarez are rubbish.
  • 7 points in 3 games

Took us 8 games to get that many points last year

Amazing start
  • Moyes out still?
  • before the game Sky were saying Brighton could go top today, completely dismissed the possibility that we could =)
  • edited August 2023
    What a result, we clearly went with a game plan, executed it really well and were ruthless on the counter.

All three of our goals were well taken but especially the 2nd and 3rd, Bowens first touch was sublime and Antonio did really well to create the space and get his shot away

For me, and it may be a sobering thought, we have won our last two games yet imo, the man of the match in both was our keeper.

The game plan is proving effective but to be honest,(and I recognize the Debbie downer sentiment here) I doubt it is sustainable.

• Lukerz said:

Moyes out still?

I’d give it couple of draws .

• Perfect game plan, perfect performance, almost the perfect result.🎉⚒
  • Slacker said:

Lukerz said:

Moyes out still?

I’d give it couple of draws .

Fancy a pint?
  • happy Saturday night
  • Have we ever been top of the premiership before today
  • @ASLEFshrugged … you keep feeling the positive vibes, I’ll tell u you jinxed it and we’ll go from there 🤣⚒️👍🏻🤣⚒️
  • Have we ever been top of the premiership before today

2nd and 3rd weeks of 2021-22, we were top for two games after beating Leicester and drawing with Newcastle
  • Lovely win. Nice to beat the Seagulls at last, although I do like the way they play
  • So we've faced Iraola's Bournemouth, who had all the praise for how he managed Rayo Vallecano. We've turned over Pochetino's Chelsea with millions of transfer funds and now we've humiliated De Zerbi's Brighton, the supposed next Guardiola.

These "young" "hungry" "imaginative" managers seem to have a problem dealing with "old" "out dated", "old fashioned" and "tired" David Moyes

Maybe if S&G had hired Moyes in 2010 instead of Avram Grant we would be in the Champions League as they predicted
  • JWP looks like a top signing at this point. He gets around the pitch, makes tackles and interceptions, and can pass, cross and chip in with goals.
  • He is doing exactly what Southampton fans said he would do. A top professional and great football brain.
  • Thought Ogbonna and Coufal were excellent
  • My goodness , we really are massive…….everywhere we go. Come on you Irons
  • JWP looks like a top signing at this point. He gets around the pitch, makes tackles and interceptions, and can pass, cross and chip in with goals.

Everyone I speak to that isn’t a West Ham fan asked why nobody else went for him. Such a perfect signing for us.
  • edited August 2023
    These people that aren't West ham fans. Are the fans of top 6 clubs?

Asking cos JWP ( in the same way as Noble) isn't glamorous or associated with a glamorous team or manager. So his qualities get overlooked or disparaged by those who are beguiled by 'sexy' reputations. So I'd expect top 6 fans not to rate him.

A solid top level career counts for nothing, in some people's eyes . #journeyman #workhorse #notenoughstepovers

I like a good honest player, good skills, good professional, versatile, not a prima donna. If it goes wrong, looks to step up, not pass the buck and try to transfer out to a 'better' team.

Is my take on it.
  • I’d kind of always had the opinion ‘if he was that good he wouldn’t have spent so long at Southampton’. Which probably shows I’m just ignorant.
  • edited August 2023
    If I'm reading the stats right, Benrahma had the highest number of passes. And of players who made more than 2 passes, the highest pass accuracy rate at 92.6 %

I didn't see today's game really, but I know I tend mainly to notice the things he does wrong. But looks like he was sharp today.
  • He was very good off the bench. Couple of chances he had to find a better ball but he was much better.
  • Fantastic ball to Bowen for the goal.