Brighton (A) Saturday 26th August 5:30pm live on Sky

Comments

• MIAHammer said:

Soucek coming off for Benrahma after that collision.

Two questions:
    1. Our player was booked earlier for taking out an opponent with 'momentum' after taking the ball cleanly. How is this different to what their goalie just did?
    2. Why didn't we get the ball given back after the stoppage? We were in possession when the whistle went.
  • remarkable that we have had less than 15% of the ball this half and still winning.
  • remarkable that we have had less than 15% of the ball this half and still winning.

We're deservedly winning. We've been the more dangerous team.
  • alvarez and JWP both in the book now. We need to be careful not to go down to 10 men.
  • Can't wait to get the book out when we foul a player, Milner getting away with everything.
  • Brighton had 84% possession. That is inviting pressure and problems. We need to do do something about that. Hoping that we can sneek another goal.
  • We need to get out of our own half as 45 minutes is a long time to soak up this pressure, and Soucek will be missed if trying to do so. His height defending corners is needed as well. JWP got the goal but Antonio was created that from nothing as his mauling of that defender caused the mistake. We can get a second on the break as they push further and further forward I feel.
  • They can’t push that much further forward. This is how they play and they’ve won both previous games 4-1 but they do give you chances.
  • MIAHammer said:

Soucek coming off for Benrahma after that collision.

Two questions:
    1. Our player was booked earlier for taking out an opponent with 'momentum' after taking the ball cleanly. How is this different to what their goalie just did?
    2. Why didn't we get the ball given back after the stoppage? We were in possession when the whistle went.
    Think it might have been whistled for offside ??.....
  • Knowing how we are set up and having lost Soucek, I struggle to understand why Benny came on instead of Fornals

If we are on the front foot then Benny has the edge, but we are not here and have no intention of changing the way we are playing. we need workrate and for me Fornals had to be the choice

But what do I know
  • They’ve had two good opportunities already this half.
  • Exactly the same tactics as Chelsea

Pack the middle, force them to play wide

Brighton look utterly frustrated
  • Alan Smith is getting right on my wick!
  • Coufal having a good game v Mitoma and Emerson v March
  • I can’t see us holding them off for 40 more minutes.
  • Milner escapes again
  • We are just so massive.
  • Boweeeennnnn!!!
  • That was a thing of beauty, reminded me of the Harlem Globe Trotters.
  • MIAHammer said:

I can’t see us holding them off for 40 more minutes.

Reposting, hoping for the same outcome 😆
  • Antonio!!!!!
  • What is occurring?
  • MrsGrey said:

MIAHammer said:

I can’t see us holding them off for 40 more minutes.

Reposting, hoping for the same outcome 😆
    Ok then, let's post it again 😂
  • Smashing our way to the top of the league.
  • Brighton CB caught on their heels consistently
  • What's the betting that after the game DeZerbi says Brighton were the only team who wanted to play?
  • Fans singing 'are you watching ' but I can't hear who it's directed at?
  • How is that not 0-4?
  • MrsGrey said:

Fans singing 'are you watching ' but I can't hear who it's directed at?

Declan Rice
  • I can’t see us holding them off for another 25 minutes. ;)