Brighton (A) Saturday 26th August 5:30pm live on Sky

Comments

• edited August 2023
    From De Zerbi's press conference

Enciso injured his knee in training on Tuesday and will be out for a "long period"

18yo CF Evan Ferguson will start (was a sub last two games, scored against Luton), whether that is instead of Wellbeck or with him wasn't mentioned.

From Moyes press conference

Dino will not be available and he wants Ben Johnson to stay rather than go on loan (rumoured to be wanted at Southampton and was linked with Everton a couple of months ago)
  • Fingers crossed for tomorrow but I won’t be watching the game as I’ll be umpiring the final of the World Blind Games Cricket T20 between Pakistan and India at Edgbaston - not expecting a quiet afternoon!
  • Dodger58 said:

Fingers crossed for tomorrow but I won’t be watching the game as I’ll be umpiring the final of the World Blind Games Cricket T20 between Pakistan and India at Edgbaston - not expecting a quiet afternoon!

WOW!!! That’s incredibly cool
  • Thanks Alderz, but the really inspiring people are the players, whatever the level Visually Impaired sports people play at they are truly inspirational. I have umpired VI cricket for 14 years now (as well as Premier League sighted cricket) and never cease to wonder at what they can do.
  • Dodger, fantastic. I hope it goes well! And what good work you and other umpires/ refs do :+1:
  • Tbh, hearing things like this makes me step back a bit and realise ( remind myself) how much I value this site. (Often forgotten in the mundane disagreements that seem to proliferate. But probably actually don't, it's just a perception thing.)
  • edited August 2023
    Areola, Coufal, Zouma ©, Ogbonna, Emerson, Álvarez, Ward-Prowse, Souček, Bowen, Paquetá, Antonio
    Subs: Fabiański (GK), Johnson, Cresswell, Kehrer, Fornals, Benrahma, Cornet, Ings, Mubama

4 midfielders start, will be interesting to see how we line up.
  • Paqueta on left I reckon replacing Benhrama
  • I wanted to see JWP Paqueta and Alverez in midfield, in what ever formation and it think it was right for Benrahma so be benched.
  • I hope this isn’t going to be horrible.
  • I hope this isn’t going to be horrible.

Fancy a pint? Hahaha
  • This will be a big test in how we are doing
  • steve said:

This will be a big test in how we are doing

Let's be honest, if Chelsea had scored their penalty we could easily have lost 3-1 or 4-1 last weekend, so yes, you're right, this is a big test.
  • We are setting up for sitting deep. Wish Fornals was starting.
  • We are setting up for sitting deep. Wish Fornals was starting.

But for who.......
  • GK Jason Steele dropped which seems a bit harsh. Dutch U21 Bart Vanbruggen in goal, turned 21 8 days ago. Signed from Anderlecht £16.3m last month

Brighton's record signing Joao Pedro on the bench

Got a good feeling
  • GK Jason Steele dropped which seems a bit harsh. Dutch U21 Bart Vanbruggen in goal, turned 21 8 days ago. Signed from Anderlecht £16.3m last month

Brighton's record signing Joao Pedro on the bench

Got a good feeling

Jinxed......!!!!
  • Soucek for Fornals. Alvarez is an out and out holding player. Fornals left. JWP and Paqueta in front of him
  • Soucek IMO does not deserved to be dropped.....but hey, we all entitled to our thoughts...
  • Sky have Soucek as holding midfielder. I assume they know nothing of Alvarez.
  • Antonio’s already had a couple of moments on the break, Paqueta and Ward-Prowse have used the ball well too. I like the look of Alvarez. He’s not done much yet but just watching him patrol like he does is reassuring. He looks like someone who loves defending.
  • Paqueta goes down clutching his face. We don’t want to become that kind of team. Let’s cut out the play acting.
  • Ward-Prowse get in!!!!
  • Are some of you on a delay? If so I'll delay my celebration next time hahaha
  • That goal was made by Antonio making a nuisance of himself again. More of that please.
  • edited August 2023
    How did a yellow for that? Apart from Gilmours reaction.
  • We’ve been pinned back in our own half for the past 5-10 minutes. We need to push up.
  • Seriously under the cosh now. Only about 10% of the ball
  • Soucek coming off for Benrahma after that collision.