Jesse Lingard: Yes or No

13»

Comments

• I think.Moyes has his favourites who he never drops despite their form. My worry is Lingard would be one off them. It could really annoy those he's displacing.
    No loyalty!
  • I think.Moyes has his favourites who he never drops despite their form. My worry is Lingard would be one off them. It could really annoy those he's displacing.
    No loyalty!

So Moyes is loyal to his favourites but has no loyalty?
  • alderz said:

I think.Moyes has his favourites who he never drops despite their form. My worry is Lingard would be one off them. It could really annoy those he's displacing.
    No loyalty!

So Moyes is loyal to his favourites but has no loyalty?
    No, I meant Lingard has none.
  • Loyal players are pretty much a thing of the past when there wasnt anywhere near the same money they have in their reach these days.

Some of them do a better PR job than others. Some say how much they love the club and 5 minutes later are kissing Arsenals badge (ohhh how much I dislike Vanilla Ice's song compared to just bearing it before)
  • I must admit that I read it to mean that Moyes IS loyal to his favorites and his possible inclusion, would be to the detriment of players who have loyally stuck with us.

And I must admit to myself that I lean towards that viewpoint.

The proof will be in the pudding, if he is signed and plays, let’s hope he really impressed in training and shows up.

I think I have some humble pie in the freezer, will get it out in the happy anticipation of being wrong.
  • Never Go Back. (Especially to WestHam) I sincerely hope Lingard remembers this.
  • edited August 2023
    Apparently we don't have U23s any more, its U21s, changed last season

Divin Mubama is very much a CF

Now that Oko-Flex has joined FC Zurich the only U21s who might progress in attacking midfield are Dan Chesters (21, RW/AM), Thierry Nevers (21, LW/RW/CF) and possibly new recruit Sean Moore (18 LW/RW)

Add Kamarai Swyer (20 AM/LW) currently on a season long loan at Crawley Town
  • Never Go Back. (Especially to WestHam) I sincerely hope Lingard remembers this.

Ginger Pele came back and was excellent. Others, hmmmmmmm

McAvennie, Cottee, Julian, Don Hutchison, Dowie, Joe Cole...
  • edited August 2023
    What a great list of players though.
  • Pretty sure Lingard starts every game under Moyes even when out of form and not the best option
  • Pretty sure Lingard starts every game under Moyes even when out of form and not the best option

I am 99% sure that won’t be the case, tbh. Last time Lingard was here he was on a hot streak, and whilst he did tail off towards the end, he realistically only stayed in the team for a handful of games where it was questionable. These days our options across those front positions are far better. Between Bowen, Paqueta, Fornals, Benrahma and Cornet, I think there is pretty good competition up there.
  • I keep forgetting we have Cornet.

• I would like to see Cornet get a start ahead of Benrahma.
  • From today's press conference:

Q: Jesse Lingard has been training with the Hammers this week and the boss is asked about him next…
    A: “We’ve not considered a deal for Jesse at the moment. He’s training to get back fit and in decent condition and he’ll be here next week as well.
    “Players need four or five weeks in pre-season and he’s no different to anyone else.”
  • edited August 2023

I keep forgetting we have Cornet.

David Moyes has the same problem, usually remembers him around the 75th minute...
  • Sad thing is whenever Cornet has played, albeit very limited time he’s looked way below par IMO
  • Sad thing is whenever Cornet has played, albeit very limited time he’s looked way below par IMO

Disagree. His finishing has been poor but in the limited time he’s had, there’s always been a big chance he has been involved in. That’s useful impact and a good sign imo.

• edited August 2023

Sad thing is whenever Cornet has played, albeit very limited time he’s looked way below par IMO

Disagree. His finishing has been poor but in the limited time he’s had, there’s always been a big chance he has been involved in. That’s useful impact and a good sign imo.

Sadly I can’t agree but respect your opinion.
    If we want to move forward IMO Benrahma is not consistent enough to start, as a sub, yeh and in all honesty Cornet has not featured enough to comment either way, just when he’s had an opportunity when on the pitch he’s invariably fluffed it…top players won’t 👍🏻 But as this thread is about Lingard, let’s just agree to disagree…
    PS, Look forward to Lingard signing soon 👍🏻
  • I have hope and have wanted to keep patient regarding Cornet purely because he can be a pacey unpredicatable threat. Cornet, Bowen maybe Kudus, Lingard suit that quick counter. Not sure which forward we will eventually have to compliment that but for the moment Antonios hussle and hold up is what it is
  • The Paqueta news pretty much confirms Lingard will sign a deal with us
  • WHU, You may be right but other clubs just go out and buy/loan another player to fill the void made by a long term injury.
  • WHU, You may be right but other clubs just go out and buy/loan another player to fill the void made by a long term injury.

Like the striker that Brentford signed, you mean?
  • @alderz, I didn't think Brentford had a striker injured? I was thinking more like Aston Villa going for Zaniolo when Buendia got injured and Chelsea signing Disasi when Fofana was injured. There are other cases I am sure.
  • Timber? (And I'm not practising my lumberjack skills 😉)
  • IF my comment at 8.12 had said “all” other clubs then giving examples where teams have not entered the transfer market to fill a void would be more valid but as always that is just my opinion. 😉