Other matches Sat 26th, Sun 27th and Mon 28th May

It's Spring Bank Holiday weekend and as is traditional (since 1987) we have the Playoff finals

First up is the Championship final, Coventry v Luton 4:45pm Sky

Both games this season ended as draws, 1-1 at Coventry and 2-2 at Luton,

Tomorrow we have League Two final Carlisle v Stockport 1:30pm Sky

Stockport won 2-0 at home and drew 2-2 away

Following that at 4:30pm we have some rather pointless games that nobody really cares about although if you've really got nothing better to do on a sunny Sunday in May you can watch Villa v Brighton, Everton v Bournemouth and Leicester v West Ham on Sky while Leeds v Spurs is on BT Sport

Monday we have League One final Barnsley v Sheffield Wednesday 3pm Sky

Barnsley won both fixtures, 4-2 at home, 2-0 away

I was supposed to be working this weekend but managed to fiddle Sunday off instead of next Saturday.

Man Utd v Man City? Meh...

Comments

• Also it's the last round of matches for the WSL today, with West Ham Ladies at home to Spurs, a draw will ensure we finish above them. The title will be won by either Chelsea or Man Utd, a point being enough for the former at bottom club Reading unless Man Utd manage to win by 6 goals at Liverpool.

The Bundesliga will also be decided today, with Dortmund trying to prevent Bayern Munich winning an 11th straight title. Dortmund lead by 2 points but with an inferior goal difference, so they need to match Bayern Munich's result at Koln in their game against Mainz at home (both opposition teams being mid-table).

For any egg-chasers amongst us, it's the Premiership final today with Sale Sharks taking on Saracens.
  • Dortmund bottling it. 0-2 down at halftime and Haller missed a penalty. They need a huge turnaround.
  • Dortmund score 1-2
  • Cologne now equalize against Bayern. Advantage Dortmund.
  • Dortmund's result almost irrelevant now unless they score at least 2 more, it's all about whether Bayern can find a winner.
  • West Ham women are 2-2 now with Spurs women.
  • edited May 2023
    Bayern score.

Dortmund need 2 goals or help from Koln.
  • Each game has 5 mins stoppage time.
  • edited May 2023
    Bayern's game is over.

Dortmund score, but it's going to be too late, it finishes 2-2.
  • Bayern wins 11th consecutive title
  • One is not amused 😫
  • At least we drew with Spurs in the WSL so finish above them 😊
  • Anyone know which Coventry player we are surpose to be interested in
  • The centre forward, big, blondish lad, no.17, Gyokeres.
  • The striker I think but I don't know his name hahaha
  • At lest that's a start Preston =)
  • Thanks buffy
  • Not a good start for Luton, losing your captain inside the first 10 minutes. Ex-Hammer Reece Burke comes on in his place.
  • edited May 2023
    Luton captain stretchered off, that wasn’t great to see ..
    Reece Burke replacing him..
  • Luton ahead nice goal
  • Fiorentina losing 1-0 at home to Roma
  • edited May 2023

Fiorentina losing 1-0 at home to Roma

Must admit, I missed that they lost the Coppa Italia on Wednesday; I knew they were in the final but didn't realise it had already been played.
  • edited May 2023
    Luton player Mpanzu is ex-West Ham
  • Luton on top, could have got a 2nd, Coventry eventually waking up and getting more in the game as the half went on…
    Good game so far IMO
  • MIAHammer said:

Luton player Mpanzu is ex-West Ham

Yeah, was generally known as Pelly Ruddock when he was here.

Game of 2 halves, Coventry definitely having the better of the second half, 1-1 with just over 10 mins left.
  • #PRudz
  • Both of these strikers remind me of Antonio
  • Dan Potts coming on!
  • Yikes. Coventry sub comes on and drops an absolute ricket to let Luton in to score, but it's ruled out for handball.