Leicester v West Ham, 28th May, 4.30pm

Comments

• Time to rest the players, get Rice / Paqueta / Aguerd / Benrahma / Antonio off.

Let Everton save themselves.
  • We have been very poor, no intensity, pressing or fight. Does Downes know how to make a forward pass?
  • It is what it is....
    Leicester are desperate, while we haven't played bad IMO...
    A few underwhelming performances so far IMO in that half.
    Fornals, Downes and Cresswell come to mind and Paqueta , while he's a talented boy is going to have to learn not to give the ball away as much as he does....
    COYI....
  • Half of me wants the scores to stay the same, meaning Everton go down, but I never wanna see us lose.....
  • We don’t need to rest players. It’s 10 days until the final and if todays performance is the last before that final then it’s not good. We want to go into the final in the right frame of mind and confidence. We look disinterested today.
    Barnes just walked past Downes to slide the ball in.
    The only upside about this is Everton are currently going down.
  • edited May 2023

Half of me wants the scores to stay the same, meaning Everton go down, but I never wanna see us lose.....

Exactly the same for me, I'd much rather us win, but it will be an acceptable consolation if Everton go down should we lose. Worst would be for Leicester to beat us but Everton sneak a late win.
  • Downes at best looks like a squad player, and not much more IMO
  • Downes at best looks like a squad player, and not much more IMO

He hasn't looked great today, has he?
  • I have no interest in the fortunes of any club other than West Ham, but having said that could the Premier League not organise a 3-for-the-price-of-2 deal so that Everton, Leicester and Leeds all get relegated.
  • edited May 2023
    Downes at best looks like a squad player, and not much more IMO

Downes at best looks like a squad player, and not much more IMO

He hasn't looked great today, has he?
    IMO , not great, he hasn't had a mare, but whenever I see him ( which in all fairness hasn't had many chances he just seems to plod along without making much of a contribution ), I hope he proves me wrong in the 2nd half! Come on u Irons and Downes!
  • Fornals hasn’t done himself any favors for a place on the starting line up for the final.
  • Everton 1 up, don't see Bournemouth scoring. Leicester going down
  • Benny hits the post.
  • Anywhere else on the pitch and it's given as a push in the back.
  • GAME OVER 2 DOWN
  • Having been a West Han supporter for fifty odd years, I’ve had my share of final day nerves. It’s great not having to rely on the result.
  • 2-0 Leicester.
  • It’s a good job we didn’t need anything from this game because we’ve been walking through it. You wouldn’t think that some players are or maybe trying to win a place in the final.
  • Anywhere else on the pitch and it's given as a push in the back.

Same thing happens with Kehrer at the other end and it’s a free kick. And they score.
  • No idea why we are risking players. Game is done we're completely out of this. Just get Rice Paqueta and so on off ? what's the point risking them ?
  • Can’t see we’re risking them. We’ve hardly got anywhere near them most of the game. We seem to be playing just because we have to.
  • How has Ings missed that!
  • Very poor miss by Ings.
  • Very poor miss by Ings.

How much are we paying him?
  • Cornet on for Paqueta.
  • Another miss by Ings but a much harder finish and good movement to get into the position.
  • Fornals scores.
  • Great finish from Fornals
  • Good move, good finish.
  • MIAHammer said:

Fornals hasn’t done himself any favors for a place on the starting line up for the final.

You’re welcome!