Bournemouth away Sunday 23rd April 14.00 BST.

Comments

• Maybe a corner has been turned. It's been a long blinking corner but it would appear that the performances are getting somewhere back to where they were 18 months ago.

Really pleased with the result and can't wait to see the highlights later.
  • Just about to record MOTD 2. Got an hour or two tomorrow for that and er what else shall I do. Ooh I’ve got an idea, spend a little time on the fightIng cock website. =)
  • Has Moyes changed the setup based on the Europa success?
    433 was definitely the way to go today, can't remember a bad performance from anyone. COYI
  • Agreed, but that shirt………………..…nope, not for me……😉
  • This week, Michail Antonio overtook Trevor Morley (70) and Paul Goddard (71) to become our 15th ever top scorer, with 73 goals. Next on the list is Ray Stewart with 84.

Also, Aaron Cresswell is now up to 324 games for West Ham, which puts him 30th in our record appearance makers. He’s only two behind Julian Dicks, twelve behind Tony Cottee & Jimmy Collins, and 17 behind Ronnie Boyce.

Club legends?
  • Maybe a corner has been turned. It's been a long blinking corner but it would appear that the performances are getting somewhere back to where they were 18 months ago.

Really pleased with the result and can't wait to see the highlights later.

Here’s the thing. This is only the 8th time that Zouma and Aguerd have played together. It’s only the 6th time they’ve played 90 minutes together. Paqueta is getting up to speed, and was quality today.

It’s taken some time, but it feels like some of the signings are settling, and that is coinciding with us hitting our best run of form for the season.
  • Paqueta was just unreal today
  • Just about to record MOTD 2. Got an hour or two tomorrow for that and er what else shall I do. Ooh I’ve got an idea, spend a little time on the fightIng cock website. =)

Are you replacing Gary Lineker?

Are you replacing Gary Lineker?
    Ok, just send my £1.5 million over. =)

• I just saw fornals goal. Amazing.
  • Fornals is one of my favourite players. So pleased for him.
  • I think Moyes should get a lot of credit after the last week .must have been a really tough time for him ,But he has stuck with what he believes in .Pleased for him sure he will have a glass or two tonight like the rest of us .or a bottle in the case of one Lovely lady ,we all know who that is =)
  • i dont even know what you call that type of goal other than a goal :p

I believe it's called a 'Scorpion'. It should get goal of the season, like when Giroud scored one the same season that Carroll scored THAT overhead against Palace.
  • edited April 2023
    I am still not convinced that he didn’t trip over his shoelaces
  • If you look about about a minute before, Fornals unties his shoelaces. It was all planned.
  • I managed to listen to
    Slacker said:

Being dragged kicking and screaming to a “baby shower “ at one o’clock. Not happy oh no. I think this might be the first game I’ve missed all season ( apart from Gent when I took the dog out obvs 😉).

I listened to it on my phone with earbuds in. I managed to get four full on scowls from Mrs S after making several infants cry when we scored.
    What a Sunday eh?⚒⚒

• Slacker said:

I managed to listen to

Slacker said:

Being dragged kicking and screaming to a “baby shower “ at one o’clock. Not happy oh no. I think this might be the first game I’ve missed all season ( apart from Gent when I took the dog out obvs 😉).

I listened to it on my phone with earbuds in. I managed to get four full on scowls from Mrs S after making several infants cry when we scored.
    What a Sunday eh?⚒⚒

🎵We make children cry,
    We make children cry,
    We're West Ham United,
    We make children cry.🎵

😂
  • Lovely stat

• Fornals is one of my favourite players. So pleased for him.

It looked like he may have been in tears on my, ahem, stream.
  • IronHerb said:

Fornals is one of my favourite players. So pleased for him.

You mean you didn't make the trip to Bournemouth?
  • IronHerb said:

Fornals is one of my favourite players. So pleased for him.

You mean you didn't make the trip to Bournemouth?
    2 points short. 😢
  • Just watched the after match interview with Rice and Fornals. At the beginning, while Rice is speaking, Fornals is looking like somebody has just told him his dog has died.
  • Great result and many decent performances, but special praise for me goes to Vlad Coufal…. He’s showing signs of his original performances again…
    But an all round great team performance
    ⚒️
  • Yeah I thought that was his best performance of the season. I also thought Soucek had a good game. Everyone was good, tbh, with the possible exception of Benrahma who was involved a lot but just really wasteful.
  • Just watched the goals again, and it’s actually really funny that Soucek is credited with the assist for Rice’s goal as it pretty much just bounced off the back of his head!
  • alderz said:

Just watched the goals again, and it’s actually really funny that Soucek is credited with the assist for Rice’s goal as it pretty much just bounced off the back of his head!

People credited Paqueta with an assist for Rice's goal on Thursday too, when basically he got tackled and the ball broke to Dec.

Personally think assists should only count if they're from a deliberate action.
  • Well I missed the match due to work but it appears from everyone's comments on here that we did ok today!!!

What a time to find your form.

I think even if we failed to take anything from the tough fixtures I would be hopeful of another four points from Palace, Leeds and Leicester, which would take us to 38 plus and extra point against most due to goal difference. In this form there is no reason we can't come away with something against Liverpool, United and Brentford.

Very sadly we cant play Spurs again this season so we have no walkovers!
  • Or, we could win all our remaining games and finish 5th with 55 points. Mathematically possible….
  • Palace is the next game to target 3 points, they’re safe.

Liverpool will be a bonus.
  • 2 draws or a win in the next 4 games before the semi final first leg will get us to at least 36 points, and I'm confident that will be enough to stay up. It would certainly enable Moyes more chance to prioritise the ECL if we're looking secure in the league before the next cup game.