Gent away Thursday 13th April 17.45 BST (that's quarter to six)

12346»

Comments

• I see Paqueta got POTM on the BBC ratings. Fella was only on for 16 minutes.

Tells you everything you need to know about our performance really.

They are voted for by anyone who wants to press the button, aren't they?

So I'm not sure how much it tells you.
  • At least we didn't score two own goals at home...
  • We didn’t lose, most important…
    But, can anyone remember the last time we played well for a whole game?
    Is that too much to ask for ?
    Oh well, should be a fun time ahead, one way or another, but watching us play at the moment isn’t a thrill a minute
  • edited April 2023
    MrsGrey said:

I see Paqueta got POTM on the BBC ratings. Fella was only on for 16 minutes.

I'd like to think that the vast majority of those that pressed the buttons watched the match. And, if like me, they saw Paqueta being our most effective player despite only being on for a quarter of an hour, then by extension it tells you that the majority opinion of those that voted was that the performance across the board was poor.

I think anyone would be hard pressed to argue anyone did more, or played better, then Paqueta.
  • Just noticed that Fiorentina v Lech Poznen is one of the 5:45pm ko next Thursday even though Fiorentina play Atalanta 7:45pm Monday. All the other quarter finalists play Sunday
  • 4-1 up so it doesn't really matter.
  • MrsGrey said:

I'd like to think that the vast majority of those that pressed the buttons watched the match. And, if like me, they saw Paqueta being our most effective player despite only being on for a quarter of an hour, then by extension it tells you that the majority opinion of those that voted was that the performance across the board was poor.

I think anyone would be hard pressed to argue anyone did more, or played better, then Paqueta.
    I have definitely just rated other teams players as 1/10 out of boredom, and I can't be the only one.
  • alderz said:

MrsGrey said:

I have definitely just rated other teams players as 1/10 out of boredom, and I can't be the only one.
    I watched it but didn't vote, and I can't be the only one.

• edited April 2023
    What’s clear, is Ings is not going to be able to regularly play in a 3-4-3 or 4-3-3 in this side. He either needs to be as part of a two up top or on the bench. If we’re going with one up top, it has to be Antonio for now. Him & Bowen also can’t play as a two, due to their size. It seemed to work reasonably against Fulham in a 4-4-2 but that won’t be possible to play v Arsenal & Ings more or less played a defensive role anyway.
  • Lukerz said:

What’s clear, is Ings is not going to be able to regularly play in a 3-4-3 or 4-3-3 in this side. He either needs to be as part of a two up top or on the bench. If we’re going with one up top, it has to be Antonio for now. Him & Bowen also can’t play as a two, due to their size. It seemed to work reasonably against Fulham in a 4-4-2 but that won’t be possible to play v Arsenal & Ings more or less played a defensive role anyway.

I agree with this, but the only caveat I have is that he could play the lone striker role if (and it's a big if) we get attacking players around him. If Bowen and Benrahma, for example, played very high and got around him, he could do the role. But the way we play is essentially asking Ings (or Scamacca when he plays) to do their best impression of Antonio.
  • Just watched the extended highlights and it looks like we were very fortunate to end on level terms ...... based on how few times we featured in the highlights.
  • MIAHammer said:

Just watched the extended highlights and it looks like we were very fortunate to end on level terms ...... based on how few times we featured in the highlights.

MIA …it was an average performance at best, and I’d think most would agree with that.
    Whether Gent are the toughest team we’ve played in the competition I’m not arguing, but it certainly wasn’t pleasant watching IMO..