Gent away Thursday 13th April 17.45 BST (that's quarter to six)

Comments

• Dreadful howler by their keeper, drops the ball from a corner and it bounced off both him and Aguerd into the net.
  • That’s fair enough. I’m not sure how much Aguerd knew about it, but it only went in because of his hand
  • And it's disallowed by VAR for handball.
  • Correct decision, and in all fairness, haven't deserved anything so far....
  • Should have been disallowed anyway for being totally undeserved. Attack wise it’s been like watching someone hammer in a nail with a balloon.
  • edited April 2023
    Ings is so isolated it's embarrassing...Not blaming him.....just a waste of his talents though....
  • Commentator: You can't win it in the first leg but you can certainly lose it.

Eh?
  • 6 mins added, that's a lot for a first half despite the injury to Ogbonna and the VAR check.
  • Daniel Ings scores a goal.
  • Goal! Danny Ings!
  • 1 shot, 1 goal
  • Ings scores but looked offside to me.
  • Funny what happens when you play to his strengths. Get the ball to him in the box and a good chance he scores.

We just seem to do that so seldomly.
  • He looked level to me and the VAR apparently
  • Goal stands, get in.
  • Looked miles off to me.
  • Feed the Ings and he will score
  • Funny what happens when you play to his strengths. Get the ball to him in the box and a good chance he scores.

In all fairness, 99 out of 100 players would score there (sorry Antonio 😂🤣😂), but obviously he had to get in the right position.
  • Our shape is really unusual today. We’ve clearly targeted their left back.

• edited April 2023

Funny what happens when you play to his strengths. Get the ball to him in the box and a good chance he scores.

In all fairness, 99 out of 100 players would score there (sorry Antonio 😂🤣😂), but obviously he had to get in the right position.
    It was an easy finish, but being in the right place at the right time, and making sure you stay onside, is part of being a good striker. Antonio nowhere to be seen, as usual.
  • Even though we are 1-0 up, our formation seems horribly wrong for this sort of match
  • Nice to be ahead but haven't shown much in the final third. Need a bit more bite in the second half and we can score another goal or two.
  • Ings injures himself by running into the back of Lanzini 😂🤣😂. Fortunately nothing too serious.
  • We’ve started the second half quite brightly, but yet to make much of anything. I think we’re lacking a left winger today, there’s been a few times where we seem to move the ball to the left only for it to be completely empty
  • Oh good. They score.
  • Defensively shocking again. Far, far too easy.
  • Lovely flick by Lanzini created a good crossing opportunity for Coufal but it's a poor cross yet again.

As I type, Gent score.
  • Their strikers have scored 28 goals between this season so we should have been wary of them.
  • edited April 2023
    Benrahma being readied.

Edit: And Antonio too. They're on for Lanzini and Ings.
  • We're just not very good at football, are we. It's all so laboured and pedestrian.