Other matches Saturday 11 - Thursday 16 March

Comments

• Ravel49 said:

Next thing you know Local and ‘64 will be back to reminisce

• edited March 2023
    Even though we could go up to 14th with a win tomorrow, it's not a great set of results for us atm, don't like Everton winning or Leeds picking up a point against the side that beat as so easily last weekend, especially after a bonus 3 points for Bournemouth earlier on.
  • Only becomes an issue at 4pm tomorrow if we’ve lost. 3 points tomorrow & it’s a good weekend regardless.
  • Mike, excellent 👏🏻
  • Leeds look vulnerable in defence but whatever happens at the back, you need goals to get out of trouble and it looks to me that Bamford is looking sharp so he is giving them a chance
  • Brighton now ahead through a scrappy goal, but thankfully they all count
  • Brighton take the lead, 2-1
  • Brighton now ahead through a scrappy goal, but thankfully they all count

Wouldn’t have said that last week =)
  • Great chance for Brentford as Pickford gets nowhere near a corner, but the chance goes begging.
  • Leeds equalise, 2-2
  • And in other sports England 3 France 27 at HT.
    Could be a very embarrassing result.
  • Come on City….. Please
  • Haaland missing a sitter

Sounds about right
  • My Chelsea mate now reckons Potter is a great manager and Chelsea will probably win everything next season.
    Two weeks ago he was the worst manager in their history.
    Doncha just love modern football?
  • The England rugby team, what a joke. Borthwick is a dinosaur. Like watching 80's rugby. More kicking than a Can-Can dancer.
  • Ok... I'm gonna say it... This week I am mainly not liking Liverpool!!!
  • But eating acorns yeah?
  • Bazshuayi said:

Ok... I'm gonna say it... This week I am mainly not liking Liverpool!!!

You'll get over it.
  • Already am :)

(But these results that keep happening to West Hams detriment when you should be able to rely on teams like Liverpool to hand out a beating are worrying me! I dont have much confidence that under Moyes we will show enough. I'm scared it'll be a slow frustrating drop into relegation. I know from previous seasons thar you shouldn't rely on others but a big part of me thinks we actually need other teams help to survive. I obviously hope we somehow show some lvel of football skill and fight but I've yet to see it and I am struggling for faith)
  • edited March 2023
    Palace fall asleep at a corner and rashly concede a penalty.

Haaland does what Salah couldn't, City lead 0-1.
  • I think Salah's penalty has just reached Jersey hahaha
  • Bazshuayi said:

Already am :)

(But these results that keep happening to West Hams detriment when you should be able to rely on teams like Liverpool to hand out a beating are worrying me! I dont have much confidence that under Moyes we will show enough. I'm scared it'll be a slow frustrating drop into relegation. I know from previous seasons thar you shouldn't rely on others but a big part of me thinks we actually need other teams help to survive. I obviously hope we somehow show some lvel of football skill and fight but I've yet to see it and I am struggling for faith)

4-0 Irons. You heard it here first.
  • That is scarily over optimistic for my liking. Villa have won seven of their last 12 league games, more than half, form we can only dream of at the moment but form we are going to have to try to match, hopefully starting with this game.
    We have 13 games left and among those we have City, Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal so we need to get a run of wins together.
  • thorn, Should we be worried about playing Liverpool as they lost to Bournemouth today? Come to think of it you can guarantee when they play us it will be another brilliant team performance can't you?
  • So games left against teams at the top end of the table -

Palace - Brighton (A), Arsenal (A), Spurs (A)
    Leicester - Man City (A), Liverpool (H), Newcastle (A)
    Nottm Forest - Newcastle (H), Man Utd (H), Liverpool (A), Brighton (H,) Arsenal (H)
    Wolves - Newcastle (A), Brighton (A), Man Utd (A), Arsenal (A)
    West Ham - Newcastle (H), Arsenal (H), Liverpool (H), Man Utd (H), Man City (A)
    Leeds - Arsenal (A), Liverpool (H), Man City (A), Newcastle (H), Spurs (H)
    Everton - Spurs (H), Man Utd (A), Newcastle (H), Brighton (A), Man City (H)
    Bournemouth - Brighton (H), Spurs (A), Man Utd (H)
    Southampton - Man Utd (A), Spurs (A), Man City (A), Arsenal (A), Newcastle (A), Brighton (A), Liverpool (H)
  • thorn, Should we be worried about playing Liverpool as they lost to Bournemouth today? Come to think of it you can guarantee when they play us it will be another brilliant team performance can't you?

I'm worried because regardless of form Moyes will always set up the same way against these sort of teams. He'll give them far too much respect and we will have about 30% possession.
  • Man Utd down to 10 men after 34 mins against Soton.
  • I hate having to hope Man Utd get a goal or at least hold on to the draw. It's like wishing you fall over and bang your head.
  • It may not work in our favour, but about time Casemiro had an early bath.
  • How was that not a red card for Nick Pope, shoulder charge on Wolves player inside the penalty box without which Wolves score.
    Saudi money effect.