Other matches Saturday 11 - Thursday 16 March

124»

Comments

• Lukerz said:

Soucek was anonymous tonight

And so was Antonio.
    Oi!

• Of course they were playing for themselves but their results helped us. Not every word that is written has to be taken literally.
    If you think those results didn’t help us in some way then I don’t know what would.

We will stay up, or not, by what we do and not by the actions of others.
  • IronHerb said:

Of course they were playing for themselves but their results helped us. Not every word that is written has to be taken literally.
    If you think those results didn’t help us in some way then I don’t know what would.

We will stay up, or not, by what we do and not by the actions of others.
    That really isn't true. The 2 extra points that Bournemouth got by Salah missing the penalty could already easily be the difference between them staying up at our expense, times millions of actions, big or small, that will happen in relevant matches between now and the end of the season.
  • We win our games we stay up regardless of other actions in other games. It's the points we get that matter. The worst three teams will go down.
  • IronHerb said:

We win our games we stay up regardless of other actions in other games. It's the points we get that matter. The worst three teams will go down.

It's not just the points we get, it's the points others get as well. We could get 34 points and stay up, or 42 points (not this season) and go down. I appreciate that it's still in our own hands at the moment, but it's naive, imo, to say the actions and results of other teams have no impact on whether we get relegated.
  • The point of my earlier post was merely that we are currently being helped by what other teams are or aren’t doing but of greater use would be if we actually manage to help ourselves.
    It’s easy to say if we win our games we are safe because that’s obvious but we have only won twice this calendar year so that’s a great big if so what happens to others does matter.
    It may all come down to goal difference at the end
  • I wonder what the odds are that the point we dropped at Chelsea as a result of the idiot Aussie VAR Jarred Gillett being the difference between survival and relegation.
  • I wonder what the odds are that the point we dropped at Chelsea as a result of the idiot Aussie VAR Jarred Gillett being the difference between survival and relegation.

Yeah but we could have easily lost a point in the reverse fixture should they'd scored the penalty that they should have had.
  • Hamstew said:

I wonder what the odds are that the point we dropped at Chelsea as a result of the idiot Aussie VAR Jarred Gillett being the difference between survival and relegation.

Yeah but we could have easily lost a point in the reverse fixture should they'd scored the penalty that they should have had.
    That's one of the very few occasions where things kinda have evened out over the season, strong cases could be made for us deserving 2 points, or no points, so maybe 1 point from the 2 games isn't that far from being a fair return, even if we maybe got it in the wrong game.