Moyes In or Moyes Out

Comments

• I think I nodded off reading that answer Buffy.
    😂
    No offence meant obvs.😉
  • Greenwood’s whole reign was in the top division (first) whilst Lyall’s had 2 spells in the old second division (now championship).
  • Greenwood’s whole reign was in the top division (first) whilst Lyall’s had 2 spells in the old second division (now championship).

Didn’t Greenwood also manage cup games?
  • Of course he did but if you ignore those, 2 FA Cup wins, a cup winners cup win and losing final, then his overall win percentage would probably equate to one of our worst ever managers.
  • Of course he did but if you ignore those, 2 FA Cup wins, a cup winners cup win and losing final, then his overall win percentage would probably equate to one of our worst ever managers.

I’m not sure I understand what you’re saying, but the whole point was to compare win % in top flight league games, as it gives a consistent quality of opponent.
  • edited February 2023

Of course he did but if you ignore those, 2 FA Cup wins, a cup winners cup win and losing final, then his overall win percentage would probably equate to one of our worst ever managers.

Not being picky, but didn't Lyall manage us for the second FA Cup win and the loss in the Cup Winner's Cup final? Regardless, as alderz says above, I asked, and he has provided, stats for win percentages for top flight league games just to provide a somewhat fairer comparison of manager results.
  • My point was by including FA cup and Cup winners cup victories in the statistics making up Greenwood’s 35.87% then his win rate in the league was probably a bit less.
  • alderz, can you please provide some stats on DM that make him look useless, as that appears what some are looking for? 🤷‍♂️
  • Greenwood's league record

61/62 W17 D10 L15 8th
    62/63 W14 D14 L14 12th
    63/64 W14 D12 L16 14th
    64/65 W19 D4 L19 9th
    65/66 W15 D9 L18 12th
    66/67 W14 D8 L20 16th
    67/68 W14 D10 L18 12th
    68/69 W13 D18 L11 8th
    69/70 W12 D12 L18 17th
    70/71 W10 D14 L18 20th
    71/72 W12 D12 L18 14th
    72/73 W17 D12 L13 6th
    73/74 W11 D15 L16 18th

Total W182 (33.33%) D150 (27.47%) L214 (39.19%)

1974 Greenwood was promoted to "general manager" with Lyall as "first team manager"

74/75 W13 D13 L16 13th
    75/76 W13 D10 L19 18th
    76/77 W11 D14 L17 17th

Total W37 (29.37%) D37 (29.37%) L52 (41.26%)

Overall total W219 (32.59%) D187 (27.83%) L266 (39.58%)
  • So, better than Allardyce but not as good as Bilic.
  • One thing you cannot say, at any point this season, that the players have stopped playing for Moyes. That speaks volumes for me.
  • No, they've not stopped playing for Moyes. They've just had a massive void before everything and the attack...
  • Lukerz said:

One thing you cannot say, at any point this season, that the players have stopped playing for Moyes. That speaks volumes for me.

You could argue that they never actually started 😜
  • Unless we pick up in the second half ,Moyes must go
  • Moyes out ,please please please
  • He needs to go......if he doesn't....well...more fool the owners, this isn't a one off this has been a year or so in the making....think the saying, wake up and smell the roses comes to mind....PLEASE GO MOYES.
  • Haven’t been able to watch the match unfortunately but it seems fair to say Herb isn’t getting the job.
  • Enough is enough. We've playing like this for now for 15 months. Unfortunately I think it's time for him to go.
  • I just can’t agree that dumping Moyes now will solve it.
  • Slacker said:

I just can’t agree that dumping Moyes now will solve it.

It might not you right, but are we heading in the right direction under him???? Personally don’t think we are
  • He’s not going anywhere this season
  • edited March 2023
    Lukerz said:

He’s not going anywhere this season

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮😉
  • So after the villa game on the 12th we don't have a prem game until 2nd of April ,does that mean Moyes Wii be gone if we don't beat villa
  • I think you need a viable plan before sacking him and only the club know if that's in place. I presume at this point they have sounded out people discreetly or believe they could entrust Nolan and Noble possibly. Just getting rid and putting the ad in the job centre window is never a plan b.
  • edited March 2023

I think you need a viable plan before sacking him and only the club know if that's in place. I presume at this point they have sounded out people discreetly or believe they could entrust Nolan and Noble possibly. Just getting rid and putting the ad in the job centre window is never a plan b.

And therein lies the problem at the club, IMO. I don't think we have viable plans for many things. We don't seem the have a plan for our transfers, as we never seem to sign the players we actually need, and it would appear we have no succession plan in place for Moyes.

Brighton lost Potter but seemed to have De Zerbi ready to go. He joined ten days after Potter left and has transitioned seamlessly. Their transfer policy looks to work in a similar way. Given our form began to drop off over a year ago, I would have expected the board to have a list of potential, and viable, options to take over if that poor form continued.

But here we are, seemingly with no Plan B to a clearly struggling manager who has dragged us into a relegation battle.
  • Bit surprised Scotty parker name has not come up
  • How about we just approach Potter. Do Chelsea a favour while we are at it. They can get in Enrique

• There’s rumours that Chelsea will sack Potter and go for De Zerbi
  • Would it really be to bad to replace Moyes with Noble until the end of the season ,He knows most of the players .give him some help and see where we are at the end of the season
  • steve said:

Would it really be to bad to replace Moyes with Noble until the end of the season ,He knows most of the players .give him some help and see where we are at the end of the season

I wondered whether a Noble/Brooking pairing could work, but Trev doesn't deserve this sort of mess to deal with.