Rav's thread on annoying things

Comments

• What the thing where people try and be funny and laugh at themselves and then quickly say 'anyway" and move on. Lineker does it all the time. Very annoying.
  • People not being funny?
  • I don’t find this irritating but has anyone noticed how when people laugh they often say “Oh dear”.
  • Our YouTube commentator saying the full "West Ham Untied" every 5 seconds.
  • edited December 2022
    Goalkeepers who catch the ball then fall to the floor and stay there for a few minutes
  • Football streamers who set a timer and turn off the stream even if the game is still going on...
  • Dodger58 said:

Goalkeepers who catch the ball then fall to the floor and stay there for a few minutes

Tbh, this is a major gripe of mine, keepers that go to ground when there's no reason whatsoever for them to do it other than timewasting. Mary Earps was particularly guilty at the women's Euro in the summer, but I think it largely comes from the PL.

If a keeper "dives" to the ground once they've collected the ball, it should be a yellow card imo. A few cards across the PL and they'd all stop doing it imo.
  • Shockingly bad referees in World Cups.
  • edited December 2022
    The term 'fine margins' which appear to have become the buzz words for this World Cup.
  • Reversing into parking spaces.
  • I m sorry to do this as. I know full well what it will do.

Baby Shark
  • The misuse, and overuse of the word 'legend'.
    ......and for some stramge reason, players placing the ball on the very edges of the line at corners.
    Subs running on to the pitch to celebrate at this World Cup is starting to be tiring as well.
    ......and for some stramge reason, players placing the ball on the very edges of the line at corners.
    Subs running on to the pitch to celebrate at this World Cup is starting to be tiring as well.

At first I thought you said "the missus" 🤣

You can add "hero" to that as well.

You can add "hero" to that as well.
    And “star”.
  • Southgate staying on as manager..
  • edited December 2022
    Argentina have started really well against France, the French look rattled to me - oops wrong thread, or perhaps not, it is annoying
  • edited December 2022
    The third/fourth place play off, what a waste of time, literally no-one is interested, neither players or fans, I thought it must be about the money, however

Third place gets $27m in prize money and 4th place gets $25m, now call me old fashioned, but what is wrong with splitting the difference equally as losing semi finalists and letting them go home.

I know it is really about advertising and telly rights, but I would be interested to know what the viewership ratings really were.

Coz no-one I know, and most are footie people, care about this game, I might have watched it if England were in it, but in all honesty, probably not.

Rant for the day over, reaching for coffee pot
  • Well they're on my 'most Dislikeable ' list, but...managers who stand outside their area, wave imaginary red cards around, and generally behave like artetas. Also players who feign head injuries, which is known as 'giving it the full tierney'.
  • West Ham playing totally rubbish is really really annoying!
  • That when you open a packet of meds you get the label end EVERY time! 😠
  • Ravel49 said:

That when you open a packet of meds you get the label end EVERY time! 😠

Yes yes yes. I thought it was only me that got annoyed by that. :p
  • Same here. I have 4 different packets of meds and 99 percent of the time I end up with instruction manual hahaha
  • I’m on 9
    You can imagine my rage 😡
  • That one time of year when when I imagine I’m Keith Richards and get stuck into the old Jack Daniels. What happens to my head and vital organs the next day is pretty annoying I have to say.
  • MrsGrey said:

Arteta.

Horrible man
  • edited January 2023
    Yep, every time I see his antics on the touch line I find myself singing ‘I’ve got no strings’ from Pinocchio.
  • Does anyone else agree that because of the title of this thread, every annoying thing added here has to be personally adopted by Rav as annoying to him?
  • 😂 tbf I don’t think I disagree with anything that has been added