Rav's thread on annoying things

Comments

• Living Doll ??!! BTW What's your verdict on Durian's !!??? Stinky but quite yummy IMO!!

Horrible. But Dutch Durian aka Soursop is fantastic. You can even make tasty tea with the leaves. Cliff clue: it slso became a TV series.
  • Surprised no one has added inane chants of USA! USA USA ad nausea

Makes me think of the Ryder Cup, and thus golf.

Shouts of "In the hole" when players are teeing off on par 4 or par 5's.

• Kuching - is it The Young Ones ?
  • You know when there is a noise in the background that at first you don’t notice but suddenly becomes so irritating you could poke pointed sticks in your ears. Well, that song the Japanese fans kept singing ad-nauseum did that to me. I spent most of their matches switching between volume on an volume off. Mostly off I think.

Hooray, The Young Ones it is! Glad you got that , it was getting a bit annoying. A free stay is yours! The other 6 are equally baffling, but it would need a separate thread. And now we'll have the song annoying us all day...
  • I did think that it might have been a small guest house with a live-in doll

coat please

=)

Hooray, The Young Ones it is! Glad you got that , it was getting a bit annoying. A free stay is yours! The other 6 are equally baffling, but it would need a separate thread. And now we'll have the song annoying us all day...
    Very generous of you Kuching - It looks absolutely amazing - the claret and blue paintwork sits perfectly with the Borneo rainforest. Unfortunately the Mrs and I are not very adventurous travellers these days but thank you anyway.
  • When people share every single birthday msg they have received as their story on social media!
  • When people write a post you strongly agree with, and then have a sentence you strongly disagree with so you can’t press the “I agree” button in case people think you endorse that sentence too.
  • I did think that it might have been a small guest house with a live-in doll

coat please

=)

Expat, the first thing that came to mind was that "Only Fools and Horses" episode =)
  • alderz said:

When people write a post you strongly agree with, and then have a sentence you strongly disagree with so you can’t press the “I agree” button in case people think you endorse that sentence too.

I agree with this but the rebel in me somehow wants to disagree too ;)
  • Mrs Grey said “Dairy Lea triangles.”
    Hah! You wouldn’t say that if you had my Labrador. The only thing he won’t eat is his worming tablet because they’re bitter tasting. However, insert one in a Dairy Lea Triangle et voila.

Yes!
    Our westie has to have a tablet every other day and try to give her a tablet with any food and she jams her jaw shut but put the tablet in a dairylea triangle no problem.
  • Well basically. >:)

People who use the word basically all the time when they are speaking.

• Having a stuck space bar on your keyboard >:)
  • mike said:

Mrs Grey said “Dairy Lea triangles.”
    Hah! You wouldn’t say that if you had my Labrador. The only thing he won’t eat is his worming tablet because they’re bitter tasting. However, insert one in a Dairy Lea Triangle et voila.

Yes!
    Our westie has to have a tablet every other day and try to give her a tablet with any food and she jams her jaw shut but put the tablet in a dairylea triangle no problem.
    You guys should get on to Dairylea. You could get an advertising deal. :-)
  • Tompkins or Collinson 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • MrsGrey said:

mike said:

Yes!
    I'm not sure that the best endorsement for a product aimed at humans is "it tricks my dog into taking medicine"
  • alderz said:

MrsGrey said:

mike said:

Yes!
    I'm not sure that the best endorsement for a product aimed at humans is "it tricks my dog into taking medicine"
    Could boost sales though, with a slogan 'Dairylea Triangles. Gotta be good for something, right?'
  • MrsGrey said:

alderz said:

MrsGrey said:

mike said:

Yes!
    Could boost sales though, with a slogan 'Dairylea Triangles. Gotta be good for something, right?'
    “Dairylea: Better than Dog Medicine”

• When people say quite unique, it's either unique or it's not.
  • My sons constant cough
  • Like when people like say like a lot
  • Anyone who answers a question with “so”.

In the sea with ‘em.
  • World Cup 3rd Place playoffs.
  • So Slacker what’s your problem with it?
    Must agree though it drives me nuts especially as nearly everyone on tv does it.
  • People who use "a couple" when they mean more than two of a thing.
  • “Gobsmacked” absolutely infuriates me. What’s wrong with amazed, astounded, staggered, etc the use of this “word” absolutely gobsmacks me. Oh hang on.
  • Street lights that are on during the day.
    Such a waste 😡
  • "Like, awesome like OMG like" does my head in, "like". ;)