The World Cup Squads and Preamble; And it's ... Live!!

Comments

• Wilson already a doubt for their game at home to Chelsea tomorrow
  • Illness, though, not injury.

He's trained 'apart from the team ' today, according to Howe.
  • 👍🏻
    Just seen the update

more haste, less speed

proverb Acting too quickly and without due diligence, focus, and attention to detail will result in avoidable mistakes and thus require even more time to complete the task satisfactorily.
  • I agree with GS’ Ipicks other than at centre back. I don’t see what Diet offers us and would rather Tomori. Similarly I wouldve chosen Dan Burn over either Coady or Maguire.

I think Diet has potential. That's especially in terms of potential fitness, stamina, over all health and self esteem

• Diet is everything😜
  • Kick off times are unreal
    10:00
    13:00
    16:00
    19:00
    Wonder if there will be an increase of people working from home 🧐
  • Ravel49 said:

Kick off times are unreal

We have had them in the middle of the night before so I don't think they're that bad tbh (admittedly I'm not working so that may influence my perspective 🤔🤔🤔😂🤣😂)
  • Unreal as in good
    Football on all day 🙌🏻
  • Ravel49 said:

Unreal as in good
    Football on all day 🙌🏻

My bad, I thought you were bemoaning the lack of evening games (as in only one time slot out of 4). I agree, they're very user friendly for anyone not working or able to be a little flexible.
  • Ravel49 said:

If only I can find a pub opening at 10am. 🤔
  • IronHerb said:

Ravel49 said:

If only I can find a pub opening at 10am. 🤔
    I remember watching our match against Brazil (quarter-final I think) in the 2002 WC; quessing it was a 7.30ish am start. Watched it in a country pub (strictly coffee and bacon baps) before doing the school run (local schools actually started a bit late that day, no, they genuinely did 😂🤣😂).
  • Isn’t there a time difference of 3 or 4 hours?
    That would make for some proper weird kick off times out there.
  • Slacker said:

Isn’t there a time difference of 3 or 4 hours?
    That would make for some proper weird kick off times out there.

3 hours, so local time the earliest is 1pm, the latest 10pm.
  • edited November 2022

:o :( ??

• Grealish to Rice - " So what is it about £300k a week, winning the Premier League and playing in the CL that you don't fancy?"
  • edited November 2022
    IronHerb said:

Grealish to Rice - " So what is it about £300k a week, winning the Premier League and playing in the CL that you don't fancy?"

Having you as a team-mate.
  • Mason Mount putting on a brave face in the background. #bromance #movingon
  • edited November 2022
    Rice sitting next to Jordan Henderson .
    Still missing Nobes, looking for a football dad 😆
  • MrsGrey said:

Mason Mount putting on a brave face in the background. #bromance #movingon

You can tell he's crying on the inside 😥😥😥
  • edited November 2022
    World Cup bingo:
    1. Why is he playing ( insert name of player)?
    2. Kane must be dropped
    3. Can we pass forward please?
    4. Southgate is so negative
    5. We won’t win anything playing like this.
    6. Maguire’s a pub player
    7.We won’t get out of the group
    8.We’re just so poor.
    9.I’m not even watching
    10. He’s lost the dressing room
    11. He’s taken us as far as he can
    12. IT’S COMING HOME!!🎉
  • What's the betting that Gary Neville says nothing negative about Qatar whilst his there.
  • edited November 2022
    I quite like our Gary but he shouldn’t be going.
    Reminds me of when Gooch went on that rebel tour of South Africa.😡
  • He won’t say anything because he’s working for Qatar television.

• I remember watching our match against Brazil (quarter-final I think) in the 2002 WC; quessing it was a 7.30ish am start. Watched it in a country pub (strictly coffee and bacon baps) before doing the school run (local schools actually started a bit late that day, no, they genuinely did 😂🤣😂).

Can't remember kick-off time but I remember setting up a TV in the farm workshop and watching it with another 6 guys.
  • I doubt if any of the football pundits will say anything critical of the Qatari regime during the World Cup.

I don't remember any football pundit say anything about Putin killing off opposition politicians and journalists during 2018 or mentioning that the Brazilian police were using tear gas and rubber bullets against demonstrators outside the stadiums during 2014.

They'll be talking about the football because that is what they are paid to do

At least Gary Neville is infinitely better as a football pundit than Adrian Chiles
  • Well he was on Have I Got News for you and when questioned about it, he said it was better to be there saying something rather than staying at home and say nothing.
  • He’s there getting paid by the Qatari’s so he’s not going to say anything against them.
    Qatar knows that money trumps principles every time.
  • I must admit that I would love to say that I am boycotting the tournament but I know that when the rubber hits the road, I will be watching.

Although a little bit of me will be hating myself

Ho hum
  • It's all down to how currupt FIFA was in the first place for making such a ridiculous choice of host nation. People can watch but not have their opinion of Qatar swayed just because the World Cup is there.
  • Spot on, Buffy

Nobody is going to change their mind about politics because of the World Cup and that is why "sports-washing" fails.

Everyone knows that FIFA is a hideously corrupt organisation with no morals, completely dedicated to extracting as much money from football as they can

But

The World Cup is a globally unifying event where all that matters is the purity of 11 v 11 for 90 mins on a football pitch

Qatar is temporary, football will continue