Lucky handball Hammers vs Silkeborg

124»

Comments

• Against bottom half PL sides, who are generally of a better standard than this evening's opponents but who we still have fairly decent possession stats against, we don't get as many chances, so with our poor conversion rate is it any wonder we're making hard work of it in the league?
  • I was almost falling asleep but when I get up to bed I'll be wide awake hahaha
  • A very flat performance. Didn't look like scoring from open play and few clear-cut chances. Need to improve the game in the final third.
  • Antonio has almost no football intelligence whatsoever. Will go down as a cult legend, but he's up these with Carlton Cole as one of the doziest players we've ever had.

Mate, if he scored a perfect hat trick in a game my sixth sense tells me that you’d say he should’ve defended better or summink.
  • Good use of the squad, and getting game time into the legs of players returning from injury. A run out for an academy product in a first team game.

No new injuries, new signings continue to get integrated. Top of the group by miles. A good night's work.
  • Pengeman said:

A very flat performance. Didn't look like scoring from open play and few clear-cut chances. Need to improve the game in the final third.

We had 15 shots.
    Pengeman said:

A very flat performance. Didn't look like scoring from open play and few clear-cut chances..

15 shots, 5 on target?
  • edited October 2022

steve said:

1more and I can go to bed

Hopefully you’ll miss a few!
    Sorry to keep you up Steve! 😴
  • I switched off at half time and watched 30 minutes of Karate Kid 3
  • alderz said:

I switched off at half time and watched 30 minutes of Karate Kid 3

I'm not sure it was that bad hahaha
  • Seeing the replay here, from the reverse angle I really do think it's a soft penalty:

https://www.whufc.com/brightcove_video/5693

I wouldn't be happy if that was given against us tbh.
  • If it were given against us, I would be more annoyed at our keeper - for diving in when the striker was going nowhere - than anyone else tbh.
  • It's incredibly soft, and Antonio makes an absolute meal of it, but you can see why it was given.

If it was given against us, like alderz, I'd be upset with the 'keeper, but would understand why it was given.
  • edited October 2022

Interesting that Rice and Soucek come on at the same time and it’s Soucek giving out the instructions.

Preparing to take the armband when Deccers leaves?
  • Slacker said:

Pulsating.

Too much red wine, Slacker? ;)
  • Bath was a bit hot
    Steam went to his head