Lucky handball Hammers vs Silkeborg

Comments

• I mentioned in an earlier match thread, Benrahma really could do with improving his shooting, just put one straight at the keeper.

He's had a really good half, finishing aside. But that's what the focus will be on.

Such a shame because he has bags of ability, but his finishing often lets him down.
  • Antonio has almost no football intelligence whatsoever. Will go down as a cult legend, but he's up these with Carlton Cole as one of the doziest players we've ever had.

But we do love him.
  • I mentioned in an earlier match thread, Benrahma really could do with improving his shooting, just put one straight at the keeper.

He's had a really good half, finishing aside. But that's what the focus will be on.

Such a shame because he has bags of ability, but his finishing often lets him down.
    He has plenty of ability, and that knack of getting in the right place at the right time which is something that can't really be taught, but he doesn't make the most of those opportunities. If he could sharpen up his finishing he'd move up a level.
  • Kasper Kusk, number 7 for them, Moysie's lovechild?
  • Btw, have I mentioned (I know I have) how annoying I find Jonathan Pearce as a commentator?
  • Another chance missed. Ridiculous
  • How does Fornals not at least hit the target there?
  • Our finishing is an absolute shambles.

Fornals drags one wide from 12 yards under no pressure at all.
  • I said it on Monday that I don’t think they train with goals at Rush Green
  • edited October 2022

I said it on Monday that I don’t think they train with goals at Rush Green

They're probably "It's a Knockout" style moving goals with 3 blokes with water cannons trying to knock the players (who are attached to elastic) over.
  • Good save Areola.
  • Areola has now had to make two saves in quick succession. This is far from done. Seriously need to step it up here.
  • Benrahma and Fornal couldn't shoot for toffee
  • They were probably told at half time that their goal is safe from us and to give it a go.
  • Off the line by a defender who was looking the other way.
  • Poor from Fornals to be caught offside there.
  • Scamacca hattrick incoming
  • Scamacca and Downes on for Fornals and Benrahma.
  • Even my tele went to sleep there for a few seconds.
  • edited October 2022
    Kehrer about to come on, for Aguerd?

Yep, Aguerd off.
  • What was that 😂
  • edited October 2022
    Soucek and Rice coming on.

Coventry and Antonio off.
  • Interesting that Rice and Soucek come on at the same time and it’s Soucek giving out the instructions.
  • Whenever Johnson or Coufal get in an offensive position I never feel like anything will come from it.
  • Hamstew said:

Turgid

Such a boring second half. I get that it's job done, but where's the entertainment?

Neat and tidy, and fairly comfortable throughout, but our performance in the final third was pretty dire really.
  • Regular theme that we are so wasteful in attacking areas.
  • Hamstew said:

Turgid

Such a boring second half. I get that it's job done, but where's the entertainment?

Neat and tidy, and fairly comfortable throughout, but our performance in the final third was pretty dire really.
    Yeah I feel like that. It's job done but they've been sending out emails all day to buy tickets to watch it.
    No injuries is good and I thought Lanzini did well.
  • A win is a win.. But we do need to be better in front of goal
  • Pulsating.