Comments

• edited October 2022
    Team

Areola
    Johnson - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Coufal - Downes - Lanzini - Emerson
    Paqueta
    Bowen - Benrahma
  • Not sure I'm a massive fan of us changing our formation and tactics game to game as much as we have been.

Back to a back three again, this time with no No9 to play up to. Will be interesting to see how that front three works together.
  • Probs a false 9 with Paqueta, Bowen & Benrahma either side
  • Interesting to see Paqueta and Benrahma play together. Think it will be the first time?
  • Not sure I'm a massive fan of us changing our formation and tactics game to game as much as we have been.

Back to a back three again, this time with no No9 to play up to. Will be interesting to see how that front three works together.

I don’t imagine you’ll be surprised to know that I thought the opposite when I saw that team OCS 😎
    I think it’s really interesting to see how the rotation and possible formation changes work, things we’ve not been able to do for a while.

• I like having the options, and it's good that we've got versatility in the squad, but changing formation and tactics for each game doesn't exactly lend itself to building consistency, IMO.
  • BENNYYYYY

Great free kick.
  • Fantastic free kick
  • Og off injured. Dawson on in his stead.
  • What has happened to FCSB two down in 16 minutes already at home to Silkeborg?
  • Bowen's back, baby.

Great run by Emerson, good touch and finish by Bowen.
  • Looks like i will have to start work on the southampton thread =)
  • Anderlecht look really poor but some great hits and good control so far from us.
  • This is the first European game I've been able to watch from the beginning and I'm really enjoying watching Downes. He really does remind of Rice a few years ago.
  • This is the first European game I've been able to watch from the beginning and I'm really enjoying watching Downes. He really does remind of Rice a few years ago.

He's been good again. Very efficient. Just a shame he has to play alongside Lanzini because he gets little support in the middle from him. I think he'd really benefit from some time alongside Rice.
  • What's really shocking is that the build up to our first goal started with a throw-in.
  • Fornals on for Paqueta.
  • Is that tactical?
  • Probably because he’s on a yellow.
  • Lukerz said:

Is that tactical?

Paqueta on a yellow and will almost certainly start at the weekend, so guessing he's being rested given we're 2-0 up.
  • a) why doesn't Coufal shoot.
    b) why can't Fornals shoot

Two good openings, but no 3rd goal yet.
  • edited October 2022
    I've got Jonathan Pearce as commentator on my stream. Am I the only one who finds him really annoying? He spouts background stuff as if it's fact and he's really well informed, whereas most of the time anyone who knows anything about the club knows he's talking rubbish.
  • Rice and Scamacca coming on. Lovely stuff.
  • a) why doesn't Coufal shoot.
    b) why can't Fornals shoot

Two good openings, but no 3rd goal yet.

That's always been a weakness of Coufal. He has no confidence. He's like a deer caught on the headlights whenever he's in on goal.
  • Does Scamacca really understand what Moyes is telling him

Not sure I would risk them at 2-0, I would keep them for the weekend.
  • Declan paying attention to Nobby with the clipboard.

First time I've ever seen a sub coming on actually looking like he was listening and engaging
  • Looks like Rice into the back three.

Not sure I would risk them at 2-0, I would keep them for the weekend.
    Yeah, I get that, but we need to see this one out. Win the group and it's two less games to play in an already packed schedule.
  • Looks like Rice into the back three.

Might explain why he was paying attention to Nobby.