ANDERLECT (A) THURS OCT 6TH

Comments

• edited October 2022
    Get in.

Scamacca scores, nice assist by Paqueta.
  • Luvverly.

Thought it might have been offside but replay shows he wasn't.
  • I think I can hear Herb cheering 🤣
  • Dreadful delivery from Paqueta with a freekick out wide, we've wasted a few set pieces.

Coufal in the book now.
  • What a save from Areola a minute ago
  • Peter "the screecher" Drury says Bubbles heard for the first time tonight. I've been hearing it all night.
  • edited October 2022
    Great save by Areola from a Silva header from about 6 yards out; if it was better directed he'd have had no chance though. A let off.
  • Fornals is out there now, for Bowen?
  • alderz said:

What a save from Areola a minute ago

My commentator hasn't mentioned it at all. No replays. So strange.
  • Fornals tries from the halfway line but a long way wide.
  • 4 mins added.
  • Paqueta's performance has been irritating. What's that flick for when we're trying to keep the ball?
  • Downes now booked.
  • edited October 2022
    0-1 FT

Not a great peformance at all, but another 3 points is mostly what counts at this stage, especially as it was 9 changes from the last match.
  • Massive, apparently.
  • I thought that was an excellent performance
  • From the BBC football coverage:

It's all over. West Ham move onto three points from three Europa Conference League games thanks to Gianluca Scamacca's winner.

Coulda sworn we were on 9 points now 🤔🤔🤔
  • Paqueta's performance has been irritating. What's that flick for when we're trying to keep the ball?

I thought he was great.
  • Areola, Dawson, Downes, Paqueta, Bowen and Scammaca were our stand out performers. Downes has not had many chances to show what he can do for us but each time he’s given an opportunity, he shows us what he’s about. Reminds me of Rice when he first came onto the scene for us (and hadn’t yet worked on his ability to make driving, attacking runs).
  • win next week vs Anderlecht and we're through to the final 16 right ?
  • Not our best performance, but it was more than enough. We never looked like losIng (even when they had a couple of chances). Also nice to see a bench that can change the game. I thought Coufal had his best game for a while. Downes showed we can rely on him to step up when required.
  • Yeold, Can't Silkeborg still get 12 points by winning the next three games?
  • Decent game, good win , next.
  • edited October 2022

win next week vs Anderlecht and we're through to the final 16 right ?

Almost certainly, I think it's mathematically possible that we'd end up second in the group if we then lost our last 2 matches and other matches went against us; then I think we'd face a play-off with teams dropping down from the Europa League to get into the last 16.

But yes, it's very likely that a win next week sees us through.
  • Downes is a lot more physical and tenacious than I was expecting him to be when he signed. I thought he had another really good game.
  • Hamstew said:

Paqueta's performance has been irritating. What's that flick for when we're trying to keep the ball?

I thought he was great.
    I was irritated by him - didn't think he was bad. Thought it was good that he came on and tried to open them up with quick and creative passing, even if some didn't work. But I didn't like that as soon as we went 1-0 up he started messing up with tricks that didn't serve any purpose.
  • Hadn't realised Paqueta was not his real name.

Saw the BBC report of who got the assist and was baffled 😂
  • MrsGrey said:

Hadn't realised Paqueta was not his real name.

I learned when he joined that Paqueta is the name of the neighbourhood he’s from. Brazilians just have no rules.
  • alderz said:

MrsGrey said:

I learned when he joined that Paqueta is the name of the neighbourhood he’s from. Brazilians just have no rules.
    I learned that as well. But what they didn’t tell us till we saw the bbc line ups is that Lucas isn’t his name either.
  • alderz said:

MrsGrey said:

I learned that as well. But what they didn’t tell us till we saw the bbc line ups is that Lucas isn’t his name either.