ANDERLECT (A) THURS OCT 6TH

Comments

• I think Cornet is out with a calf injury. Bowen should be available.
  • IronHerb said:

I think Cornet is out with a calf injury. Bowen should be available.

Moyes saying very little as usual about the injury, "He's not with us over here".
  • edited October 2022
    From Moyes press conference

Cornet has not travelled; "a little bit of a calf strain"

16yo DM Oliver Scarles has travelled and 17yo LB Regan Clayton trained with the first team.

From Belgian websites

CF Benito Raman available after illness

DM Marco Kana (inflammation?) and CM Adrien Trebel (shoulder) didn't train

17yo CF Lucas Stassin of the Anderlecht "Futures" trained with the first team, has scored 6 in 7 games in the Belgian 2nd tier

Vertonghen says ""I am already looking forward to next week, going back to London will be special". Bless
  • Is James a better finisher than Antonio? 🤔
  • Rice has posted a picture of himself on the plane with one of our youngsters I’ve never heard of - Ollie Scarles. Which sort of suggests he might be in the squad tomorrow.
  • alderz said:

Rice has posted a picture of himself on the plane with one of our youngsters I’ve never heard of - Ollie Scarles. Which sort of suggests he might be in the squad tomorrow.

Moyes on the OS:

“We’ve brought Ollie Scarles with us, who is 16, and I know Anderlecht have some young players too. It’s a great thing that young players get their opportunities and we always want to promote the younger players if they’re doing well.”

https://www.whufc.com/news/live-blog-david-moyes-and-declan-rices-pre-anderlecht-press-conference
  • I live in Canada too - moved to Oakville from UK about a year ago
  • Also spotted training with the first team, 19yo CB Levi Laing and 20yo DM Keenan Appiah-Forson

Interesting times...
  • I saw all these lads play the other night against MK dons
  • Areola, Coufal, Johnson, Dawson, Ogbonna ©, Emerson, Downes, Lanzini, Bowen, Benrahma, Antonio
    Subs: Fabiański (GK), Randolph (GK), Cresswell, Kehrer, Zouma, Rice, Coventry, Souček, Scarles, Fornals, Lucas Paquetá, Scamacca

• Complete change of side to Saturday’s.
  • Looks very much like a back 3. A little surprised he's gone with a Downes/Lanzini CM pairing, hopefully they'll be good enough 🤞🤞🤞
  • Can’t remember the last time 3 at the back worked
  • Did not expect that many changes
  • Amazing what you can do with a bigger squad.
  • I think it might be

Areola
    Coufal - Dawson - Ogbonna - Johnson
    Downes - Lanzini
    Bowen - Benrahma - Emerson
    Antonio
  • 4 3 3, I reckon
  • got to be 3 at the back with Coufal and Emerson as WB surely?
  • TV suggesting a 4-3-3, but we know that they often get things wrong.

COYI
  • Seems so.
  • edited October 2022
    Johnson, with Coufal further forward, is on the right so must be a back 3 imo.
  • any good streams?
  • Pengeman said:

any good streams?

I use a paid for (but very cheap) stream service so I can't provide a free link I'm afraid.

• We were opened up surprisingly easily there, but it looked like the shot might have been blocked by their own player
  • Decent-ish chance for us on the break, Bowen's pass just out of Antonio's reach, and Benrahma's shot headed over for a corner.
  • Dawson is awesome.
  • Dawson is awesome.

Yeah, calmly dispossessed Silva before he could get a shot away.
  • Pengeman said:

any good streams?

See dedicated thread
  • Dawson is awesome.

Yeah, calmly dispossessed Silva before he could get a shot away.
    Was being his usual magnetic self a few times before that on balls into the box too.
  • Anderlecht threaten on the break and get away a powerful shot that Areola deals with effectively if not prettily.