ANDERLECT (A) THURS OCT 6TH

Comments

• Decent chance for Bowen but put just wide; Downes ball into the box was headed by Antonio to Bowen.
  • edited October 2022
    Anderlecht coming into the game more which, if we can keep a clean sheet, may not be the worst thing; it may create more space for us offensively than when we were dominating possession earlier on.
  • What looked a great chance and possible penalty claim ends up with an Anderlecht free-kick; Benrahma shoulda done better with the shot and it probably woulda been academic.
  • edited October 2022
    Nice break and Benrahma slipped in Antonio but the shot was never threatening the keeper.
  • Now a scuffed effort by Lanzini who I'd barely realized was playing, seems to have had a very quiet half.
  • Think Lanzini has been really good tbh.
  • I'm trying to be nice to him, but really, what does Benrahma offer?
  • edited October 2022
    Benrahma misses an absolute sitter (Sandra Redknapp buries it all day long). Nice pass from Lanzini gave Bowen a chance to run at Anderlecht, and his perfect pullback to Benrahma is hit miles over.
  • MrsG, You did all the hard work & then he really fluffed his chance.
  • MrsGrey said:

I'm trying to be nice to him, but really, what does Benrahma offer?

I think he’s had a subpar game today, but earlier in the season he creates chances, has shots, and beats players. I still really like Benrahma.
  • MrsGrey said:

I'm trying to be nice to him, but really, what does Benrahma offer?

I'm with Alderz here, I thought he started the season well, but unfortunately (for him) we brought Paqueta in to play at 10, and Cornet to challenge on the left, so his chances have been limited recently and unfortunately our 2 best chances have fallen to him on a night when he's maybe looking a little bit off it.
  • But for all his shots, and creating chances, he has 0 goals and 0 assists.
  • I'm really trying to not just see all the things he does wrong....

But it's a struggle!
  • edited October 2022
    Odd that my stream (DAZN) is still advertising (PPV) the Eubank v Benn fight for Saturday when it's been called off 😂🤣😂
  • trouble is we all know how good he could be
  • DAZN is not the brightest lightbulb
  • Just back in time for the second half. I'm hoping they have been saving all the goals.
  • MrsGrey said:

But for all his shots, and creating chances, he has 0 goals and 0 assists.

Pesky stats =)
  • Game lacking quality almost training ground like at the moment.
  • Another chance for Benrahma, but it was fairly tame from the edge of the box and easy save for the keeper.
  • Didn't mind that as much. At least was on target, and could see he was trying to be quick, rather than taking a touch to set himself.
  • Rice being prepared, shame as woulda been nice to fully rest him for this.
  • But he doesn’t want to be rested. The side as it stands looks pretty toothless so needs geeing up.
  • Lanzini in the book. Downes has done enough to stay on rather than Lanzini imo, when Rice comes on.
  • buffy, I expect DM wanted to but it would be beneficial to win this one.
  • edited October 2022

buffy, I expect DM wanted to but it would be beneficial to win this one.

For sure, but woulda been nice to win it with the 11 that started.

So Paqueta for Benrahma, and Scamacca for Antonio, Rice for Lanzini.
  • edited October 2022
    Half decent chance for Downes after a nice build up, but the shot is never troubling the keeper.

Ogbonna in the book now after tangling with Silva as he burst through. Freekick just outside the box but it's safely over the bar.
  • Nasty elbow on Downes only gets a yellow, Moyes not happy.
  • Johnson playing the worst game I've seen him play.
  • Dominating atm, everyone but Areola in the Anderlecht half at times, but struggling to open them up now they're sitting a bit deeper.