WOLVES (H) OCT 1ST

14567810»

Comments

• edited October 2022
    He had a shot almost in front of goal and he sliced it across the goal.
  • Really like the idea of Scamacca starting up top with Bowen, teams will be very nervous knowing that a fresh Antonio is a really strong option for later in the game.

This is how I think it needs to be going forward. Antonio can be a real weapon from the bench, whether we're trying to defend a lead or finish a game off.
  • He had a shot almost in front of goal and he sliced it across the goal.

He also committed four fouls on Soucek in the same attack.

• There was this moment when Soucek got to the cornerflag and managed to get past his marker and along the byeline. He got pushed over at least 4 or 5 times and I was wondering how much it would take for the ref to blow a foul.
  • edited October 2022
    What do we reckon our best side is? I’m not convinced (yet) with Cornet but I thought he would be a good player.

Are we going:

Fabianski
    Kehrer - Dawson - Zouma - Cresswell
    Rice - Soucek - Paqueta
    Bowen - Scamacca - Fornals

Everybody agree with that side currently?
  • Cornet's lacked a measurable contribution but I do feel like more is happening for us when he's on. He's pretty direct and I think that means for chances for him or others around him. He's not taken one himself yet but I don't think it's a massive negative.

I think that's almost the best side but Benrahma's been better than Paqueta and Fornals so far.
  • Lukerz said:

What do we reckon our best side is? I’m not convinced (yet) with Cornet but I thought he would be a good player.

Are we going:

Fabianski
    Kehrer - Dawson - Zouma - Cresswell
    Rice - Soucek - Paqueta
    Bowen - Scamacca - Fornals

Everybody agree with that side currently?

Hard to comment on Soucek as he's been trash for a while and we haven't seen Downes. He'll need to continue his form from Saturday.
  • Cornet's [... ] not taken one [chance] himself yet but I don't think it's a massive negative.

Apart from the one against Chelsea you mean? 😉 True, it didn't count but we all know it should have.
  • I'd have Downes in for Soucek and Benni (or Antonio even) in for Fornals. With 5 subs quite a few places can be interchanged/given partial games to keep us fresher
  • I don’t really see how anyone can have Downes over Soucek, personally. Not that I think Soucek has been great, but Downes hasn’t had a chance to show if he’s in our best side. I think Luke’s side is pretty much it, but I still prefer seeing Benrahma on the pitch.
  • Benrahma > Fornals for me. I think it needs to be a 4-3-3 with pace both sides of Scamacca. Fornals hasn't got going this season and Benrahma has been unlucky to be out of the side, IMO.

And Emerson > Cresswell, too. Don't think the latter's done too much wrong this season actually, but if we're playing a more defensive RB in Kehrer, then I think the LB needs to be more attacking.
  • Paqueta is the question mark, were he not a Brazilian international who cost what he did. Benrhama has been far more impressive when played but we do know what Paqueta can do so we really can't be dropping him whilst he adjusts to the Premiership. On contributions to date I don't think he is in the best eleven at present. As mentioned already by others I would replace Fornals with Benni however. What is good is we have a proper bench now.
  • I think the manager picks a team to face the opposition. Liverpool away would look a lot different to Bournemouth at home.
    As others have said we now have a squad that allows those choices.
  • Guess that knock Neto took against us was worse then it looked ,going to be out for weeks and miss the world cup ,feel bad for him