Spurs (H) - 31 August

Comments

• MOTD two ex spuds players saying VAR was correct, ok Conte full rant mode over to you :)

A stupid thought but when Conte was ranting, I would've loved Tuchel to miraculously show up on some unspecified business and just run at him fist pumping to get him more wound up. Just me? OK ;)
  • Things from that game Spurs especially Kane surrounding ref constantly in his ear and Holjberg is a horrible player. Creswell was getting beaten hopefully just his groin playing up. 1st half Spurs probably edged it they looked dangerous on the break but 2nd half we were much better and could of sneaked it . Overall pleased with a point if you include EURO games our form is much better and we looked more like last season early year form.
  • Cornet for Bowen and Pacqueta for Soucek please

That didn't age well.
  • Slacker said:

I just love these match threads.😂
    Really good game, if only ……

Bang on Slacker. 😂
  • edited September 2022
    PLF, It seems to be the norm nowadays, not for the better of the game. Players trying to gain an advantage by getting a player booked or sent off. The Spurs players were moaning about the tackle Rices put in on Hojberg. It may stem from the managers as Arteta, Tuchel, Conte, Klopp etc don't like their teams not being allowed to steamroll everyone else.
  • So Bowen has started the season slowly, he was much improved yesterday, and 'fans' are throwing him under the bus. Just imagine if we had done that last season after his slow start. We'd have been mid table going nowhere.

Soucek and Coufal found their form. Rice back to his usual high level. Defence is looking more solid, Kehrer is a good player. Fornals seemed to play three or four positions, and all of them pretty well. Paqueta looked special in his short cameo. The moment where he lost the ball and got up and clattered Dier shows he is more than a ball player. We should have won with those late chances and would have fully deserved it.

Be interesting to see how long the Spurs fans keep with Conte. Spurs have as good a front three as anyone in the league but the moment they scored they went into the full 1970's Italian mode of defending and cynical falling over, rolling around chasing the ref.

Not sure if it came across on TV but after celebrating the goal with the rest of the team Coufal ran across to the Billy Bonds stand to congratulate the ballboy/girl for getting the ball to him quickly for the throw in. Nice touch.

Overall a much better performance with a number of players getting their form back. I think our season has started.

Bring on the chavs. COYI
  • edited September 2022
    I'm really fed up with play being stopped just because a player stops running/walking and then sits down. It's hard enough to accept when said player has obviously not suffered any injury but last night it was stopped because Hojberg's boot had come apart.
    It's just another form of simulation and needs to be punished as such.
  • I'm really fed up with play being stopped just because a player stops running/walking and then sits down. It's hard enough to accept when said player has obviously not suffered any injury but last night it was stopped because Hojberg's boot had come apart.

The ref shouldn't let the game stop because of a broken boot. As soon as he saw Hojbjerg's flappy sole he should have just waved the game on.
  • IH I thought Coufal was wide awake with the situation for the throw. He saw the Spuds were all over the place moaning and ran along the touch line to get the ball and take the throw. Should have been named as a joint assist.
  • Just thought it was a bit like an old fashioned derby, there was definitely a bit of needle on that pitch, especially towards the end. Their play acting is starting to reach Olympic standards now, Son in particular. He’s such a good player he really doesn’t need to do it.
    In the end it was a good point earned against a very good Spurs side but we came so close to taking the three.
  • Spurs look a very competent side but when things where going against them they had a petulant,childish, play acting tantrum by rolling around and time wasting. Modern day game I guess.
  • Despite a penalty give away and an own goal today (and because his name came up recently) I think Kehrer is a real class player! He's only going to get better IMO

If Aguerd turns out to be the player we hope for it'll freak me out that not so long ago I thought we were lucky to acquire Zouma.

I think these other two are going to be... Massive :)
  • There was a moment, I think at the end of the first half, when Rice lost the ball and there was a counter. Cresswell looked so painfully slow as he struggled to get back into position. Luckily Rice was able to recover. There was another moment in the second half where he struggled as well. He’s really exposed on the counter now.

This was true most of last season; someone (Alderz?) posted a heat map of him and yea, it showed him getting up and back as much as previous seasons, but it didn't show that he was frequently getting back way too late.
  • I can see that Kehrer playing deep lying midfield role, spraying balls all over the pitch.
  • I can see him playing where ever he likes and making Wesley Fofana's price tag look meh

Maybe I just love and respect 'Kehrers' ;)
  • I believe that Mr Kehrer is a great buy, long may he continue to settle and improve

COYI
  • I'm really fed up with play being stopped just because a player stops running/walking and then sits down. It's hard enough to accept when said player has obviously not suffered any injury but last night it was stopped because Hojberg's boot had come apart.

The ref shouldn't let the game stop because of a broken boot. As soon as he saw Hojbjerg's flappy sole he should have just waved the game on.

I'm really fed up with play being stopped just because a player stops running/walking and then sits down. It's hard enough to accept when said player has obviously not suffered any injury but last night it was stopped because Hojberg's boot had come apart.

When he was stalling and unlacing his boots instead of walking off as the ref was instructing him, he should have got booked.
  • IronHerb said:

So Bowen has started the season slowly, he was much improved yesterday, and 'fans' are throwing him under the bus. Just imagine if we had done that last season after his slow start. We'd have been mid table going nowhere.

Whilst I don’t necessarily disagree, his place has to be based on merit. Yes, he’s our preferred starter in that position but if he’s having a bad day, he needs to be taken off. IMHO, Moyes quite often gives him a pass and brings off Benrahma.
  • MIAHammer said:

When he was stalling and unlacing his boots instead of walking off as the ref was instructing him, he should have got booked.

Definitely, he was taking the Michael, shoulda been a card.
  • Just ben on the fightcock forum, my salt level for the year topped up, apparently we are relegation fodder
  • Just ben on the fightcock forum, my salt level for the year topped up, apparently we are relegation fodder

And if they only managed to draw with us, does that mean they're going down too?
  • Watching the extended highlights on the OS shows them as being Leicester (with hammers logo) v West Ham (with Spurs logo). Our PR and tech guys are useless.
  • Our PR and tech guys are useless.

You say this like it's a surprise.
  • Excellent OV this week, all the classics are there, Wet Spam, Cup Final, etc...and masses of swearing.

https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=137329

• Reading the comments they really are a deluded bunch I think out of the 30 comments only 2 were reasonable .
  • Excellent OV this week, all the classics are there, Wet Spam, Cup Final, etc...and masses of swearing.

Couldn't read beyond the first few comments, just so annoying. Although, tbh, those are just the ones that KUMB picked out to make their point, it's conceivable that their forum is slightly more balanced than KUMB would have us believe.

Couldn't read beyond the first few comments, just so annoying. Although, tbh, those are just the ones that KUMB picked out to make their point, it's conceivable that their forum is slightly more balanced than KUMB would have us believe.
    read the thread on the FC, this is 90% of the comments unfortunately