Comments

• Fab
    Coufal Zouma Kehrer Cressy
    Rice Soucek
    Bowen Bennie Fornals
    Antonio

Scamacca has been ill this week so not on bench, but Pacqueta is
  • Ashby must be injured or being sold.
  • bit gutted Cornet isn't starting considering some of the performances against Villa.
  • Scamacca has been ill this week so not on bench,

eaten the lasange?
  • edited August 2022
    Annoying how that’s still the same 11 from last season bar Kehrer for the injured Dawson. Our start has been very flat regardless of the win on Sunday.
  • edited August 2022
    Spurs same starting XI as against Forest

Richardson on the bench
    Ravel49 said:

👍🏻

I still think he will start

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Smug mode
  • Lukerz said:

Annoying how that’s still the same 11 from last season bar Kehrer for the injured Dawson. Our start has been very flat regardless of the win on Sunday.

Things like this don't do Moyes any favours, IMO. Bowen and Soucek haven't started the season at all well, but neither Downes nor Cornet can get a look in.

Probably a fair assumption that Scamacca would have been benched if he wasn't ill.

If we win tonight, people won't mention it. Lose, and the knives will probably be out.
  • Lukerz said:

Well you'd argue that Scamacca would've started had he not been ruled out, Pacqueta seems to be a nailed in starter but the lad literally got in yesterday then obviously Aguerd being ruled out

Am disappointed at least one of Emerson or Cornet aren't playing, think they add a bit of pace to the team
  • Lukerz said:

Things like this don't do Moyes any favours, IMO. Bowen and Soucek haven't started the season at all well, but neither Downes nor Cornet can get a look in.

Probably a fair assumption that Scamacca would have been benched if he wasn't ill.

If we win tonight, people won't mention it. Lose, and the knives will probably be out.
    Yet on the other hand this is the XI that was on the pitch against Villa for the 2nd half where arguably we had our best performance of the season (albeit the bar was very low)
  • Spurs same starting XI as against Forest

Richardson on the bench

Ravel49 said:

👍🏻

I still think he will start

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Smug mode
    They probably thought he’s too big a risk.. to themselves..
  • Bowen then. Is the game he finds some form, or will it be another struggle for him?
  • I don’t understand this selection. What with all the players we’ve signed, why have we still got two keepers on bench?
  • I don’t understand this selection. What with all the players we’ve signed, why have we still got two keepers on bench?

Scamacca, injured
    Aguerd, long term injury
    Pacqueta, probably not even trained with the team
    Emerson, debatable whether he's even better than Cresswell
    Areola, Fab is clearly mOyes #1 at present
    Downes, bought for the future

Think only Cornet had a legit chance of starting if we opted for a back 4 like we have done, plus Kehrer obviously who starts

Then Johnson & Dawson are also injured
  • Didn't spot that

Bissouma in for Betancur
  • I'd be cheesed off a bit if i was Cornet after some of the performances of late from the front 4.
  • I'd be cheesed off a bit if i was Cornet after some of the performances of late from the front 4.

You can understand Benrahma starting over him because he's been our form forward so far, but yeah, to see Bowen struggle for four games and still not get a start must be quite frustrating.
  • I see Son hasn't scored or assisted this season so far.

Put your mortgage on it happening tonight.
  • Not even sure Scamacca will be well enough for the bench on Saturday

Scamacca, injured
    Aguerd, long term injury
    Pacqueta, probably not even trained with the team
    Emerson, debatable whether he's even better than Cresswell
    Areola, Fab is clearly mOyes #1 at present
    Downes, bought for the future

Think only Cornet had a legit chance of starting if we opted for a back 4 like we have done, plus Kehrer obviously who starts

Then Johnson & Dawson are also injured
    I kind of understand the 11, it was the bench I was referring to.
  • Looks like Fornals is starting at LWB.
  • Back 5 :(
    Back 4 pleaseeeeeeeeeee
  • Five minutes in and we've barely had the ball, but a chance on the break ends with a weak shot from Bowen.

Corner now though.
  • Keepers are still far too protected, IMO. Zouma jumps for the ball, collides with Lloris, free kick given.
  • Spurs penalty. Cresswell handball.
  • Cresswell concedes a penalty, VAR checking.
  • Transfer window will close before this decision is made at this rate.
  • Looked nailed on, to be honest, but overruled. Head onto arm.
  • It definitely looks like it goes Kane onto Cresswell's head, then maybe arm.
  • Hits Cresswell's head first. Penalty overruled.
    Regardless, what is Cresswell doing jumping with his arm out like that.
  • Think we got away with one there.