Other matches Sat 26 August - Thu 1 September

13»

Comments

• Liverpool get a winner in the 98th minute
  • No way, Liverpool score in the 98th minute, after only 5 minutes (and no further stoppages) were signaled. Disgraceful. absolutely disgusted, but unfortunately not surprised.

It's just not on, it's never been on and has always happened, it's complete bias for the "big" teams. Beyond disgusted, absolutely disgraceful.
  • They can't have a Big 6 battle if the Big 6 aren't up there. Got to give them every opportunity.

Sky and the PL are probably loving the fact that Arsenal are having a resurgence.
  • So harsh on Newcastle

But as everyone has said, unsurprising

Got to give Liverpool some credit...they didn't give up and converted when it mattered

Got to play to the whistle
  • edited August 2022
    Just got back from SF airport, relieved to know the games can last 98 minutes nowadays ;)
  • So harsh on Newcastle

But as everyone has said, unsurprising

Got to give Liverpool some credit...they didn't give up and converted when it mattered

Got to play to the whistle

It's nothing more than bias, I'm absolutely furious so I can't imagine how the Newcastle fans are feeling. Liverpool get no credit when they're being assisted by the ref.
  • buffy, True but they get 3 points when it should have been one. It's a tradition that they & Manchester United seem to score very late on, been there & seen it first hand.
  • Although apparently there was a lot of added time because of Newcastle’s blatant time wasting.
  • edited September 2022

Although apparently there was a lot of added time because of Newcastle’s blatant time wasting.

Not really after the board went up for 5 minutes; the keeper was down but definitely not more than a minute. I know they say a minimum of 5 mins, but if the ref is gonna play more than 7 mins then it shoulda been at least 6 if not 7 on the board. A Newcastle player went down with cramp in injury time and the game wasn't stopped (quite rightly imo).

If the board isn't going to be reasonably accurate they might as well do away with it.
  • Heard that Vlasic of Torino looks pretty good 🤔
    Scored again last night 😜
  • Hopefully means we get some money for him.
  • We should've been all over...
  • We'll bring him back to replace Lanzini when he goes at the end of the season. Ready replacement. 😃
  • IronHerb said:

We'll bring him back to replace Lanzini when he goes at the end of the season. Ready replacement. 😃

I actually think Moyes might just do that.
  • No reason why not unless someone lumps a hefty TF fee our way. I'm hoping he does well enough for teams to want to buy him and we dont just give him away for peanuts
  • Looks very clumsy that Onana bloke