Other matches Sat 26 August - Thu 1 September

Comments

• Oh, thanks for info guys.
  • Watching Forest/Spurs now. Bizarrely in think I want Spurs to win. Partly because Forest have been a bit smug after they beat us but also Spurs haven’t lost away since March so would like us to be the ones who stop that.
  • Henderson breaks Kane's penalty scoring streak. Like Rice, Kane puts it to keeper's right - he obviously didn't watch Rice's.
  • I'm not a goalkeeper but even I know that 90% of his pens are hit to his right bottom corner. Henderson, like the others, should know this. I dont mind him missing for Spurs (unless hes in my fantasy team) but he could do with mixing it up if he gets one for England
  • Ricarlison deserves to get kicked on a regular basis
  • Nice goal from Ravel (theirs, not ours). Hope he does well and can settle out there.

I will never be ok with soccer commentary though. Even after nearly 30 years of the MLS, it still doesn't sound right.
  • WALLOP

Need a name change to Ra-vel
  • Thatbeballin
  • I thought he had done well with Derby last year? Bit surprised he’s in the MLS.
  • edited August 2022
    Morrison only had a one year contract at Derby, I guess after going into administration and being relegated to League 1 they didn't think they could afford to offer him another contract.

He was linked with Sunderland, Preston and Huddersfield

Rooney quit Derby 24 June, joined DC 12 July, signed Morrison on a free 21 July
  • Gone to play under a boss that he works well with. Makes sense I reckon
  • Ah, I forgot that Rooney had gone there.

I find it really interesting how Rooney is the one who has got something out of him. I’d be really interested one day to hear what it is that’s been different.
  • edited August 2022
    Both hot heads
  • Have sympathy with Lampard in that they registered Maupay on Friday afternoon but the PL couldn’t register it because it was a bank holiday weekend and there were 3 non working days so it wasn’t done until today.
    The same PL who arrange fixtures and have teams playing every three days at times.
  • So Everton didn't know there was a Bank Holiday?
  • Not much sympathy.

I assume all these deadlines and timescales are set out clearly from the start.

We are all working with the same system.

Deal with it, or do something about changing the system.

Did he? Or is he just now realising that the system didn't do his club any favours? Will he be lobbying for a change to the system next season, to a format that might make no difference to him but might help a rival, but he'll do it because it's fair?

No, thought not.

In which case, don't moan.
  • Some surprise results last night - Saints beating Chelsea and Fulham beating Brighton. Fulham look like they could be the surprise package this season.
    Will Chelsea lose two derbies on the trot - or will it be us?
  • I think Fulham will fall away pretty soon tbh
  • My Chelsea mate is starting to get fidgety.
    It’ll only need one more defeat for “ This manager is not up to it”.
  • I dont particularly want Chelsea to win on any occasion but not particularly happy they lost and were accused as soft defending as you know who's going to pay when they 'react' next game.
  • Forest being taught a lesson. Don't think they'll be so smug tonight.
  • Penalty Spurs. Cresswell handball.
  • Keep. Your. Arms. Down.
  • Haaland with his second hat trick.
  • Forest hahahahaaland. See what I did there =)
  • 9 goals in 5 games for Haaland...the guy is a menace

Do wonder how he'll do against the better teams in the league
  • Newcastle’s new striker has scored at Anfield.
  • Wrong thread
  • edited August 2022
    No way, Liverpool score in the 98th minute, after only 5 minutes (and no further stoppages) were signaled. Disgraceful. absolutely disgusted, but unfortunately not surprised.