Other matches 13th - 15th August

Comments

• Their performance reminded me of a couple of years ago when they were just as bad but we only converted one of our many chances and G Nev was equally damning.
    Unfortunately they equalised from a pass which bounced off the stand roof and went on to win. No chance of doing that this game though and unless we get a mauling tomorrow they will be bottom of the league still.

Is this the game where the keeper's kick went out of play but the officials didn't call it and Pogba scored?
  • I've been out and about all day. Just sat down in the pub waiting for a train from Weymouth. Saw the Man U result - laughed.

Saw it's only half time 🤣.
    Keeping my laughter muffled as there's likely to be reds fans here.
  • That’s the one. Moyes had to turn and face the crowd to watch the ball.
  • MrsGrey said:

Just sat down in the pub waiting for a train from Weymouth. Saw the Man U result - laughed.

I've only met you once but there is a pattern forming. 😂
  • The ball went above and behind him and he was 2 yards from the pitch.
  • The ball went above and behind him and he was 2 yards from the pitch.

But apart from that it was a good goal. 😩
  • I know it has been said before but just how does McTominay and Fred make it into a side with Man Utd pedigree
  • McTominay displays another example of poor touch followed by a desperate hack
  • It’s like watching Sunday park football at times
  • But you can't play one of them on their own with Erickson as the second DM. This defeat is purely down to Ten Haag. (That's not a complaint by the way 🤣)

• Breaking news manu draw a half of football
  • edited August 2022
    So we're going for the first away win in the Prem of the weekend. COYI ⚒
  • Absolutely savage from Whoscored, I love it

• Just seen MOTD. How good was Pope for Newcastle!
  • I know it has been said before but just how does McTominay and Fred make it into a side with Man Utd pedigree

What's that about Pedigree?

• Coincidentally, 11 slippery slopes for Man Utds next first 11 getaway...

• I’m waiting for our result before messaging my Man U supporting brother-in-law who spent the entire Rooney era crowing at me. =)
  • Sucks we don't play United till late October

Arsenal looking good early, Jesus I knew would he a cracking buy but I'm surprised Zinchenko has been as good as he has

Still early and they've had an easy start as they've come up against two teams who've been poor in preseason and haven't really made any significant purchases

But they'll be in or around the top 4
  • Just watched MotD

ten Hag is the 5th full time Man U manager since SAF retired nine seasons ago, he inherited a shambles and its going to take a long, long time to sort it out (giggle)

Scott Parker's cardigan cost £980

With Everton playing in yellow I couldn't think of "Onana" without hearing it said by the Minions
  • I'm far from a Mouriniho fan but it shows that he did a decent job when he was at Utd. They've been a "nothing side" for a few years and it surprised me how they still managed to finish so high last season.
  • They should have definitely backed him instead of siding with Pogba
  • I watched the Arsenal yesterday. They looked superb, when you add how they finished last season to how they’ve continued so far this, they’ve got to be the most improved side in the league.At the start of last season they were a mess , begrudgingly I must say it looks like Arteta has got them humming.
    Still,long way to go and every chance the wheels could come off, so fingers crossed eh?
  • yoyo said:

I'm far from a Mouriniho fan but it shows that he did a decent job when he was at Utd. They've been a "nothing side" for a few years and it surprised me how they still managed to finish so high last season.

Really?

2012/13 Moyes 7th FAC 3rd rnd LC Semi, CL QF
    2014/15 Van Gaal 4th FAC QF LC 2nd rnd
    2015/16 Van Gaal 5th FAC winners LC 4th rnd CL Group, EL Rnd of 16

2016/17 Mouriniho 6th FAC QF LC winners EL winners
    2017/18 Mouriniho 2nd FAC runners up LC QF, CL Rnd of 16

A nothing side that finished 5th and won the FA Cup the season before he took over?
  • Slacker said:

I watched the Arsenal yesterday. They looked superb, when you add how they finished last season to how they’ve continued so far this, they’ve got to be the most improved side in the league.At the start of last season they were a mess , begrudgingly I must say it looks like Arteta has got them humming.
    Still,long way to go and every chance the wheels could come off, so fingers crossed eh?

Yeah, they're definitely on the way back and have done some very good business this summer.

It's one of the reasons I'm frustrated with what we've done over the last few windows. If we had capitalised more when teams like Arsenal and Man Utd were struggling, we might have been in a position to compete with them in the long-term.

I fear now that Arsenal seem to have got their act together, they - along with City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs - will pull away from the Other 15 again (I include Man Utd in that because they really are a car crash at the moment) and we've lost the momentum we had.

Obviously nothing's decided in game week 2, but they're looking good right now.
  • Moyes was 2013/14 obviously
  • Off the top of my head I thought Mouriniho won the Europa league and came runners up in the premier? If he did then that trumps anyone else since Fergie IMO. I may be wrong as I didn't look anything up, not bothered either way. I don't like him or Utd
  • Let’s wait until Arsenal face a proper side. They weren’t faultless yesterday; Leicester could have had 3-4 goals and that’s a Leicester side in a state of staleness with no signings and speculation over key players.
  • edited August 2022
    Lukerz said:

Let’s wait until Arsenal face a proper side. They weren’t faultless yesterday; Leicester could have had 3-4 goals and that’s a Leicester side in a state of staleness with no signings and speculation over key players.

True but you can only beat what’s in front of you, and it made for wonderful entertainment.
    By that same token the Arsenal could,and maybe should,have scored 6 or 7.
  • How angry will Chelsea be player gets dragged down by hair, ignored and then Kane scores
  • How angry will Chelsea be player gets dragged down by hair, ignored and then Kane scores

Shocking decision given VAR looked at it.