The Big Europa Conference League Adventure 2022-23

Comments

• 5 PL matches now before the 1st leg of the semi, let's see if we can get 5 or more points from those to feel confident we're safe from relegation before we look to win the cup.
  • West Ham heading for £18.5m Euro bonus
    West Ham 4-1 Gent (Agg: 6-2)

Simon Stone
    BBC Sport
    The Europa Conference League is very much the poor relation when it comes to UEFA club competitions.

However, West Ham could be in line for a handy windfall it they end up winning the competition in Prague.

Because they won all their group matches and have now progressed through two knockout rounds, the Hammers have earned €7.6m in prize money alone.

There is €5m to the winner and with various payments through the TV pool, it is estimated West Ham will earn around €21m (£18.5m) if they eventually lift the trophy.

Think I've been plagiarised. 😂
  • The money is nice but the real prize for the winner is qualification for the Europa League next season
  • My boy booked his flight and hotel last night.👏
  • IronHerb said:

West Ham heading for £18.5m Euro bonus
    West Ham 4-1 Gent (Agg: 6-2)

Simon Stone
    BBC Sport
    The Europa Conference League is very much the poor relation when it comes to UEFA club competitions.

However, West Ham could be in line for a handy windfall it they end up winning the competition in Prague.

Because they won all their group matches and have now progressed through two knockout rounds, the Hammers have earned €7.6m in prize money alone.

There is €5m to the winner and with various payments through the TV pool, it is estimated West Ham will earn around €21m (£18.5m) if they eventually lift the trophy.

Think I've been plagiarised. 😂

Sue the so and so!! =)
  • Slacker said:

My boy booked his flight and hotel last night.👏

What about his ticket? ;)
  • Slacker said:

My boy booked his flight and hotel last night.👏

What about his ticket? ;)
    Guaranteed, he’s got more points than Man City.

• It will likely be a low allocation, I'm guessing 950-1000, so tickets will be at a premium after corporate and AST holders. 🙏
  • The stadium in Prague only holds 20000. Surely there is a bigger stadium in Prague?
  • IronHerb said:

It will likely be a low allocation, I'm guessing 950-1000, so tickets will be at a premium after corporate and AST holders. 🙏

It also helps that one his best mates works in the ticket office 😉
  • edited April 2023
    Have I missed something or don’t we have a semi final to deal with first…
    Great to think ahead but isn’t that a bit too much ?
  • I agree jay. It will be a tough match and being away in the second leg could be an issue. Moyes needs to let the team go for it and not wait until behind to throw his game plan out the window. They will be happy to sit behind the ball and take a draw back to Holland and If we are too careful we may allow them to do so. I think we need a two goal cushion for the second leg. We showed last night that is possible but just as in the Arsenal match and many big games last year we only played with a bit of intent when falling behind.
  • Have I missed something or don’t we have a semi final to deal with first…

Not if you're an optimist.
  • Slacker said:

IronHerb said:

It will likely be a low allocation, I'm guessing 950-1000, so tickets will be at a premium after corporate and AST holders. 🙏

It also helps that one his best mates works in the ticket office 😉
    In that case put a good word in for me. 😂
  • I've just Googled the Fortuna Arena in Prague and it holds just 19,370!!!

We're not going to get many tickets for the final

Iron Maiden played there last June. An omen?
  • 5000 tickets per finalist is the allocation. There is also an open ballot, run by UEFA, for 3000 tickets for football fans.

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/news/0280-17d41ec484ee-05fcab4e5d9d-1000--ticket-sales-for-2023-uefa-club-competition-finals-launched/
  • Have I missed something or don’t we have a semi final to deal with first…

People book early as everything will get booked up once the semi has been settled. Its a risk but something many fans will do in case they miss out.
  • Iron Maiden played there last June. An omen?

Did they win?

• Hamstew said:

Have I missed something or don’t we have a semi final to deal with first…

People book early as everything will get booked up once the semi has been settled. Its a risk but something many fans will do in case they miss out.
    Thanks 👍🏻
    Understand…⚒️
  • AZ Alkmaar's top scorer Greek international Vangelis Pavlidis (22 in 24) was subbed at half time with an ankle injury against Anderlecht and missed Sunday's 3-0 win over Waalwijk
  • CONFERENCE LEAGUE 22-23

This seasons UEFA Conference League Prize Money : -

After Round of Semi Final 1st Leg -

Participation: €100,000 ✅
    Qualified to group stage: €2,940,000 ✅
    Match won in group stage: €500,000 x 6 ✅
    Group Draw Pot: €201,600 ✅
    1st in Group Stage: €650,000 ✅
    Round of 16: €600,000 ✅
    Quarter-Final: €1,000,000 ✅
    Semi-Final: €2,000,000 ✅
    Runner-up: €3,000,000
    Winner: €5,000,000

Coefficient Ranking payment: €44,000 per Coefficient ranking position: €1,100,000 ✅

Market Pool* €11,750,000 / Number of Associations in Group Stage €419.642 ✅

Market Pool** (Group Stage) €4,700,000 / Number of Associations €167,857 ✅

Market Pool** (Round of 16) €2,350,000 / Number of Associations €180,769 ✅

Market Pool** (Round of 8) €1,530,000 / Number of Associations €218,571 ✅

Market Pool** (Semi Final) €940,000 / Number of Associations €235,000) ✅

Market Pool** (Final) €470,000 / Number of Associations (€235,000)

Running Total : €12,813,268 😎

Plus home attendances of 30,230 - 33,312 - 40,767 - 35,911 - 40,482 - 53,475 - 62,471

No additional cash but a capacity attendance.
  • CONFERENCE LEAGUE 22-23

This seasons UEFA Conference League Prize Money : -

After Semi Final -

Participation: €100,000 ✅
    Qualified to group stage: €2,940,000 ✅
    Match won in group stage: €500,000 x 6 ✅
    Group Draw Pot: €201,600 ✅
    1st in Group Stage: €650,000 ✅
    Round of 16: €600,000 ✅
    Quarter-Final: €1,000,000 ✅
    Semi-Final: €2,000,000 ✅
    Runner-up: €3,000,000 (Minimum) ✅
    Winner: €5,000,000

Coefficient Ranking payment: €44,000 per Coefficient ranking position: €1,100,000 ✅

Market Pool* €11,750,000 / Number of Associations in Group Stage €419.642 ✅

Market Pool** (Group Stage) €4,700,000 / Number of Associations €167,857 ✅

Market Pool** (Round of 16) €2,350,000 / Number of Associations €180,769 ✅

Market Pool** (Round of 8) €1,530,000 / Number of Associations €218,571 ✅

Market Pool** (Semi Final) €940,000 / Number of Associations €235,000) ✅

Market Pool** (Final) €470,000 / Number of Associations (€235,000) ✅

Running Total : €16,048,268 😎

Plus home attendances of 30,230 - 33,312 - 40,767 - 35,911 - 40,482 - 53,475 - 62,471
  • Also we have accrued 27 Coefficient points so far this season plus 1 more point for reaching the final plus 2 more should we win it. With the 21 we started the season with we shall end up with 49 or 51.
  • I am struggling to understand why the final is in a stadium with a capacity of just 20,000, even Hornchurch got to play at Wembley for the FA trophy final and they normally attract a crowd of 350-500.

Does not make much sense to me
  • I am struggling to understand why the final is in a stadium with a capacity of just 20,000, even Hornchurch got to play at Wembley for the FA trophy final and they normally attract a crowd of 350-500.

Does not make much sense to me

As usual with UEFA, it's just not been very well thought out. Maybe the idea of the ECL was to give smaller teams from countries outside the big 5 European leagues more of a chance to go deep/win a European trophy, but as soon as you award places in it to those bigger leagues, and allow EL rejects to join it at after the group stages, then the likelihood is that it will still be bigger teams, with bigger fanbases, that progress to the final.

UEFA need to take a proper look at this, last season Roma v Feyenoord, this season West Ham v Fiorentina. OK, they're maybe not the absolute biggest of clubs (apart from us of course, we are MASSIVE after all), but each could easily sell out the whole of Prague's 19,000 capacity stadium on their own for a European final.
  • UEFA have admitted that Prague was a mistake and they should have picked a city with a bigger football stadium

Prague does have a bigger stadium, the Great Strahov which holds 250k with 56k seats but the pitch is 310 metres long by 200 metres wide and you could fit 9 football pitches on it

Bizarrely it was built in the 1930s for mass synchronized gymnastic displays (was that a big thing back then?) but now it just used for rock concerts and as Sparta Prague's training ground
  • edited May 2023
    It's not (never was?) a football stadium though?

I think the whole German/Russian thing was in play back in the 30s. There was also a 'home grown' Nazi thing going on. After which the Communists took control. I think they were keen on gymnastics too..

I was in the Strahov district last summer - impressive monastery, library and brewery.

The stadium thing passed me by...
  • UEFA have admitted that Prague was a mistake and they should have picked a city with a bigger football stadium

Prague does have a bigger stadium, the Great Strahov which holds 250k with 56k seats but the pitch is 310 metres long by 200 metres wide and you could fit 9 football pitches on it

Bizarrely it was built in the 1930s for mass synchronized gymnastic displays (was that a big thing back then?) but now it just used for rock concerts and as Sparta Prague's training ground

UEFA have stated that from next season a 30,000 capacity stadium will be used for the final.
  • I have always felt they should scrap the system which allows knocked out teams to jump into the next stage down competition.
  • I have always felt they should scrap the system which allows knocked out teams to jump into the next stage down competition.

100%, always felt it's really unfair on Europa League teams to have the CL 3rd placed teams drop into the knockout stages, and now likewise the EL teams dropping into the ECL.

As usual, it's UEFA pandering to the bigger teams rather than any degree of fairness.