Other matches Saturday 14th - Tuesday 17th

Comments

• Didn't realise, Burnley had taken the lead against Villa, but that's 1-1 now.
  • Pay attention at the back! 😁
  • Even worse, Everton have equalised
  • And now Everton lead
  • What the hell have Crystal Palace done in the second half?
  • Palace really collapsed hardcore in that second half.
  • oh well we play Everton next year then
  • Can we sign Nick Pope please?
  • Straight fight between Burnley and Leeds then.
  • Does anyone think Chris Wood might score the goal that relegates Burnley?
  • Does anyone think Chris Wood might score the goal that relegates Burnley?

Poetry
  • I really dislike pickford hope he never plays for us
  • Probably Calvert-Lewin off the shortlist too.
  • Pickford will stay at Everton

Pope is only 30 - goalkeeper years are different from other players, like dog or cat years. He has a year left on his contract with an option for another year.

Hmmmm
  • We have a lone Swindon fan down the Willy tonight

Not a happy camper
  • Disgraceful scenes at the end of the game again. Vale fans attacking Swindon players who couldn’t get off the pitch. Stewards and police nowhere to be seen.
  • Similar scenes at Everton.
  • To be honest stewards aren’t trained to deal with that sort of thing. At least at PL clubs and big games they’re full of kids who’ve been offered what for them is decent money for a few hours work. They’re even told not to stop anything like that. It’s up to police and stadium security to step up
  • Whilst it certainly would have been amusing to see Everton relegated, obviously not something I have ever seen in my life and I even recall Man U dropping out of the top flight, (hard to imagine now).

I must admit that I am quite pleased for Frank.

Not sure that I have a preference over Leeds vs Burnley, I was a fan of Biesla as the game needs characters and Leeds were entertaining to watch under him. IMO they should have stuck with him but Burnley strike me as mean, so I lean towards them to go down.
  • On the one hand my dear departed mate Homer was a Leeds fan, died of cancer 2010

On the other hand my mate Dave has survived cancer thanks to chemo and he is the only "out" gay Burnley supporter I have ever known (and being "out" in Burnley in the 80s/90s was not easy)

Also if Leeds go down they are a lot more likely to have the funds to get promoted next season

I'm backing Burnley to survive for another season
  • Burnley is horrible place to get to for me, Leeds is a doddle, so purely based on selfish motives…….
  • Did Everton win the league last night?
  • How poor was the refereeing last night? At Everton (Taylor) there were two red card tackles, Ayew and Calvert-Lewin, which were not punished and at Villa (Tierney) Burnley were denied the same penalty they conceded at Spurs and Lowton was sent off for a tackle where he won the ball and caught the player but, imo, just contact.
  • Ayew's was a definite red for me, I don't think Calvert-Lewin's was as bad, although certainly worthy of a yellow but he went completely unpunished didn't he?
  • Both scissor tackles. Ayew was red for sure. Calvert-Lewin got a touch on the ball a little like Lowtons.
  • IronHerb, And this is the same Anthony Taylor who is going to represent England at the World Cup. Although credit to him he did deal with the Eriksen drama at the Euros very well.
  • IronHerb said:

How poor was the refereeing last night? At Everton (Taylor) there were two red card tackles, Ayew and Calvert-Lewin, which were not punished and at Villa (Tierney) Burnley were denied the same penalty they conceded at Spurs and Lowton was sent off for a tackle where he won the ball and caught the player but, imo, just contact.

There were some terrible decisions in the Burnley game. Villa were awarded a corner when the ball clearly came off a Villa player last (within yards of the lino), and in the second half Villa were awarded a goal-kick when again the last touch came of a Villa player.

The Digne 'handball' wasn't given, when similar offences have been penalised this season, and I think Burnley were lucky that the penalty they did get was so blatant otherwise VAR may have found a way of overturning it.
  • Taylor is a dreadful referee, particularly for us. I know we often feel like we don't get the rub of the green from refs (as, I'm sure, fans of most clubs do); we did have a spell when something like 5 out of 6 red cards were rescinded though (and a retrospective red card given to an opponent, all just before VAR was introduced, and remember Milner being at least a yard offside right under the lino's nose for a Liverpool goal) so maybe we could feel a bit hard done by, but of all the bad refs out there, Taylor is just so horribly biased against us. He's responsible for at least 2 rescinded red cards against us, and we never, ever get anything like fair treatment from him. Shocking that he's represeenting us at the World Cup.
  • Burnley and Leeds not happy with Everton's finances it seems
This discussion has been closed.