Other matches Saturday 14th - Tuesday 17th

Comments

• alderz said:

Noble to score a hat trick of pens

I so wanted us to get a penalty today
  • Penalty to win next week will do.
  • Next week will be his 550th first team apoearance
  • 6th highest in our history
  • Mind boggling that we managed to lose to this Arsenal side.
  • As much as I hate to see spuds make the CL , I have to laugh at Arsenal

Yes but come the day of reckoning (Sunday) it will probably, but hopefully not 🙏, our results in conceding late goals to Manchester United that could really matter. Nobes penalty being saved. 😢
  • Wow....Arsenal dropping the ball

So Spurs just need a point against relegated (and terrible) Norwich whereas Arsenal have to beat fighting for relegation Everton
  • Well obviously its not Arsenals fault. If the premier league fixtures had been correct and they played Newcastle earlier in the season then justice would've been done ;) Its so unfair on them hehe
  • So the great protege manager when asked what happened could only respond with "I don't know". 🤷‍♂️

Bodes well for the future.
  • edited May 2022
    BBC Football journalists are so bad. Did all their editors just resign en masse one day?

Arsenal defender Granit Xhaka criticised his team-mates after their performance in Monday's 2-0 defeat at Newcastle, saying: "If you're nervous stay at home."

The midfielder felt his side's display showed they could not handle the pressure of chasing a top-four spot.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61474232

Tbf they scored two set piece goals on a day we had one fit CB and moyes opted to rest Antonio and Soucek, two good defenders at set pieces
  • And we had an incredibly harsh red card for Coufal in the first game
  • More BBC Journalists being rubbish here (top tweets of the week article now)

2. Always working for the team
    That match with Manchester City was also the final home game for 'Mr West Ham', Mark Noble.

The 35-year-old has spent his entire 18-year senior career with the Hammers, making 566 appearances for the club. He will retire at the end of the season.

This is the same Mark Noble that said in his speech "nearly 550 appearances". According to Wikipedia, it's 549 for West Ham, 567 in his club career in total.
  • Liverpool sending out the B team tonight.
  • What's a B team? 🤔
  • I'm watching the Play Off game.
  • IronHerb said:

What's a B team? 🤔

The one Saints score against
  • Forest 3-1 up on aggregate. Wembley-bound hopefully.

Would love to see them back in the PL. With or without them, I reckon Brennan Johnson might be there anyway next season. He's some player.
  • so have they started a march yet :) blades staying down oh dear never mind how sad
  • 3-3 on aggregate now.

Forest haven't been in the game in the second half.
  • IronHerb said:

What's a B team? 🤔

The 'Baz' team? (figured I'd say it before someone else did ;) )
  • checks through handbook to see if Sheff Utd can blame West Ham for failing to get past Forest in the play off
  • Forest keeper saves 3 penalties in shootout
  • Almost tempted fate but all ended well
  • Well that was tense.

To be fair, Sheffield United were the better team tonight. Not that I mind them having another season in the Championship, obvs.
  • edited May 2022
    although the Beeb had Sheffield winning on the banner duh
  • Bazshuayi said:

checks through handbook to see if Sheff Utd can blame West Ham for failing to get past Forest in the play off

I lived in Sheffield during the Tevez affair, that was fun I can tell you.

• The Liverpool fans were down the pub after I finished work

If they do the quadruple the level of smugness will reach such intensity that I might have to find somewhere else to drink..
  • Disgraceful attack on Billy Sharp last night, I hope the bloke goes away for it . I never get why idiots think violence is any part of being a football supporter.
This discussion has been closed.