City at home Sunday 15th 14:00 nobles home fairwell

123457»

Comments

• With his goals today, Bowen has scored 12 and assisted 10, so he's had 22 goal contributions in the league which has surpassed the 21 contributions Payet (9G & 12A) in the 15/16 season

Some player, need to keep him this summer
  • With his goals today, Bowen has scored 12 and assisted 10, so he's had 22 goal contributions in the league which has surpassed the 21 contributions Payet (9G & 12A) in the 15/16 season

Some player, need to keep him this summer

I think I read 30 goal contributions across all competitions. That's incredible, really.

Absolutely deserves to go to the World Cup and a key player for us going forward. Hopefully we can build around him, Zouma and Rice and have another crack at top six next season.
  • Good result now to start the Brighton thread
  • Just back from match a great game of football had 50 times the drama of the fa cup final. Nice send off for noble a fitting team performance. Another great season some big wins again this season and plenty of games that will live long in the memory. European qualification 2 seasons running for first time ever. Read noble was longest serving player in Europe top 5 divisions 2nd best penalty conversion rate behind lewandonski .
  • Agreed. That was such a great experience. Good atmosphere, especially after the first goal. Couldn't believe what was happening at half time. Unfortunately, when they upped the tempo it was really hard to keep up. Still, we could've won that with Antonio's chipped chance and one later where Bowen should have cut back instead of going himself.

It's a shame we couldn't keep 6th within our hands but that was a performance to be proud of. The ref really gave us nothing and them quite a lot.

All the touches for Noble were great. Very lucky to have been able to be there.
  • Nice of guardiola to seek Noble out at final whistle and give him a hug
  • Mrs G would you like the honour of starting the last thread of the season ?
  • edited May 2022
    No 😂
  • Too much pressure!
  • You are unbeaten so you do it. Don't mess with a winning formula. It's like lucky socks.
  • Europe again next season no matter what.
    Outstanding, but Moyes not even shortlisted for manager of the year... Ridiculous
  • edited May 2022
    What a great performance & result that was today. Forget the fact we were 2-0 up, it was a fantastic effort after a lot of physical & mental output over the last month. City have only not won 1 PL game since mid March & that was Liverpool.
  • Ten Haag is going to be taking charge of Man U for the final game. That’s very annoying. I doubt he’ll have enough time to make a serious change but it does change the atmosphere ahead of the Palace game
  • MOTD2, Shearer with City without key players, not playing as well as they can. Usual tripe
  • Nice of guardiola to seek Noble out at final whistle and give him a hug

Klopp would've hugged him and given him 3 fist pumps too! Just sayin' ;)
  • edited May 2022
    That was an exhausting watch, great game full of emotion, Citeh have a reasonable claim to that world wide famous claim of being “by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen” and we gave them a real run for their money.

Excellent game plan brilliantly executed, intense effort from all and we created a couple of golden chances to go 3-1 up which may well have finished the tie.

Guaranteed European football for us next year is an amazing achievement.

I actually think that Man U could trip up so we will need a final effort against Brighton, it would be a shame if we miss out on pipping Utd to the final Europa spot due to anything other than 100% effort and for the record, I totally believe we will see that effort from this team

COYI
  • Ten Haag is going to be taking charge of Man U for the final game. That’s very annoying. I doubt he’ll have enough time to make a serious change but it does change the atmosphere ahead of the Palace game

He's got to get manager of the season somehow =)
  • Well, that was good. A fitting finale for Nobes last game, a really good performance and Europe to boot.

Very tense but enjoyable to watch with some top performances. Fornals first time pass over the top to Bowen for the first goal was brilliant and Fabs excellent penalty save were among the high points.

I have to ask what was Noble playing at with his shorts when he came out after the game? Looked like he was wearing a nappy. 😁

COYI
  • edited May 2022
    "I have to ask what was Noble playing at with his shorts when he came out after the game? Looked like he was wearing a nappy. 😁"

Herb, he was channeling the Elizabethan look.

• That's the one. 😄
  • Not as bad as City's new signing Haarland

• edited May 2022

MOTD2, Shearer with City without key players, not playing as well as they can. Usual tripe

Another point was there was no mention of what a great ball it was from Fornals to Bowen, but instead he made it all about Zinchenko's bad positioning. Contrast that to the gushing when Harry Kane punts a long ball to Son, or Robertson to Salah.
    Really can't stand Shearer at times.