City at home Sunday 15th 14:00 nobles home fairwell

Comments

• I hope nobody ever does it, it's all you will hear about forever.
  • Ironically, when Liverpool used to win the League and League cup for what seemed like every season, I loathed them (so I can understand that) Just the league, champions league and the cup theyve already won then ;)
  • Don't want Chelsea to win anything so you can have the FA Cup, just not the league.
  • I'll be backing Chelsea on Saturday, Southampton and Wolves the week after, Real Madrid the week after that

There are a few Scousers down the pub and the level of smugness would be intolerable
  • Bazshuayi said:

Is it too much to ask for us to beat City and get into Europa (whilst the defeat ultimately means Liverpool pip them to the title and take an historic quadruple into next season) You know y'all want it :)

About as much as my dentist using a road drill for fillings =)
  • Aslef I hope you don’t totally mean that. What if, as is likely, we lose to City and Wolves beat Norwich. I don’t want to have to guarantee a point at Brighton which we rarely get.
    Of course if we get a point Sunday I’m with you all the way.
  • Thorn - if Wolves are as bad as they were last night then a draw is the best they can hope for

#parkthebus
  • edited May 2022
    Bazshuayi said:

Is it too much to ask for us to beat City and get into Europa (whilst the defeat ultimately means Liverpool pip them to the title and take an historic quadruple into next season) You know y'all want it :)

Fortunately I think City still win the title even if we beat them. As much as I dislike Liverpool, and really don't want them to win anything else this season, I really want us to win on Sunday as it keeps the chance of EL next season alive; the consolation should we lose will be that City definitely win the PL.
  • Desperately want a win but City looked great last night. Whether that's because Wolves were ultra bad or City were magnificent, I don't know. We did Liverpool so I'm hoping for a similar performance.
  • I'll be backing Chelsea on Saturday, Southampton and Wolves the week after, Real Madrid the week after that

There are a few Scousers down the pub and the level of smugness would be intolerable

As long as it's not at this level of smugness =) (borrowed from an earlier Alderz post )
  • edited May 2022
    Benrahma & Antonio both pictured training this week so they seem fine. Nothing about Dawson.

I’d go

Fabianski
    Coufal - Dawson - Zouma - Cresswell
    Fornals - Rice - Lanzini
    Bowen - Antonio - Benrahma

Again, a game I don’t think Soucek suits unless Moyes sees a weakness in the air, which he may do. Hard to drop Benrahma for Soucek after two goals last week.
  • I think, fitness permitting, Soucek definitely comes back in, if for no other reason than to provide a threat at offensive corners which may be one of our main routes to scoring given we're unlikely to have much possession. He should also strengthen us defensively, so I think one of Lanzini and Benrahma starts on the bench (most likely Lanzini after Benrahma against Norwich).
  • Pep on Fernandinho and Laporte

" They are in treatment. It's two days. I think until the day of the game we will not be able to decide exactly the availability of the players".

Moyes on our injuries

"Saïd is a bit of a question mark - he's out doing some light jogging so maybe not as bad as we thought - but I'm not quite sure if he's fit. We'll see tomorrow. It's an ankle injury.

"Antonio and Dawson have trained today. I think they'll be okay"

Lawro reckons we're going to lose 2-1

Yes!!!
  • edited May 2022
    We’ll give this lot a game, I’m going 1-1.
    Last four games; 1-1, 2-1, 0-0, 2-1.
  • I agree, Euro competition takes a big toll on clubs with limited squads and now we are sadly out of the Europa our whole focus is the next two games, they become our Europa final now.
  • Sky did quiet a nice piece on Noble with Geoff Shreeves
  • If it wasn’t for the fact that European football is at stake I’d be happy for us to lose this if it made sure Liverpool couldn’t win the league.
  • A nice draw would be good would just about seal European football and Man City a 4 point gap at the top
  • If it wasn’t for the fact that European football is at stake I’d be happy for us to lose this if it made sure Liverpool couldn’t win the league.

It would never, ever enter my head to want West Ham to lose any game, ever.

• edited May 2022
    I really don’t care who wins the league, as they say “The table never lies”, so the best team over 38 games deserves it.
    I’m too invested in my own club to give a monkey’s.
  • I would love us to pip Utd to 6th. We have to be on top form,City are such a great side but anything is possible
  • Slacker said:

I really don’t care who wins the league, as they say “The table never lies”, so the best team over 38 games deserves it.
    I’m too invested in my own club to give a monkey’s.

I don't really care either, but I really would rather that Liverpool didn't win everything.
  • Soucek in for Benrahma (not in squad).

Laporte & Fernandinho both fit for City.
  • Looking forward to this one .Shame about Benny missing out ,Right after he had a good game
  • Three full backs but no Diop on the bench

Sterling and Gundogan on the bench for City
  • Three full backs but no Diop on the bench

Sterling and Gundogan on the bench for City

Not entirely sure why we have three fullbacks and no centrebacks on the bench, but hey ho.

Good to see Oko-Flex there. Can't imagine he'll get on unless we're either 5-0 up or 5-0 down, but he deserves some minutes after a good PL2 season.
  • edited May 2022
    Slacker said:

If it wasn’t for the fact that European football is at stake I’d be happy for us to lose this if it made sure Liverpool couldn’t win the league.

It would never, ever enter my head to want West Ham to lose any game, ever.

I can quite happily admit that were West Ham playing Burnley away and we were sat mid table with nothing at stake and Burnley needed to beat us to relegate Spurs I would not only be happy for West Ham to lose but I would be happy for it to be by Dec giving away a penalty in the 90th minute and instead of winking to camera, to make that silly box gesture with his fingers that Son makes.
  • Turned on Sky's coverage of our game and they're interviewing Jordan Pickford.
  • An omen? I'll go disembowel a chicken...