Burnley (home) Sunday 17th April 2:15pm (not on TV)

Comments

• edited April 2022
    We’re also unbeaten in 7 home games, conceding just 4 goals:

1-0 v Watford
    1-1 v Newcastle
    1-0 v Wolves
    2-1 v Villa
    2-0 v Sevilla
    2-1 v Everton
    1-1 v Lyon

Our last defeat was 2-3 at home to Leeds (mid January) & before that we beat Norwich 2-0 & Leeds 2-0 in the FA Cup.

So 1 defeat in last 10 home games, with 7 wins.
  • Anonio looked dead on his feet after thursday ...........So a hat trick it is then =)
  • Lawro has predicted a 1-1 draw.

Burnley are doomed...
  • FWIW I think we will win, I just am not expecting the win on Thursday to provide us with a wave of momentum - although, the second leg being away and this being the first time at home since we went through, maybe the crowd are really, really up for it.
  • According to the BBC, Zouma is out for the season with a sprained ankle, that must be one hell of a sprain.
  • Fab
    Johnson Dawson Diop Cressers
    Rice Soucek
    Bowen Lanzini Vlasic
    Antonio

That's the team
  • Giving vlasic a run makes sense
  • "could be out for the remainder of the season"

Moyes didn't say anything about Zouma at the press conference on Friday'
  • Really want Vlasic to show us what he can do but Burnley are a tough side to impose yourself on.
  • No reason why Fab, Johnson, Diop & Cresswell shouldn’t be fresh. Same goes for Lanzini & Vlasic. Antonio, Bowen may need replacing second half.
  • edited April 2022
    Three changes from the side we drew against in December

19yo Nathan Collins for Ben Mee at the back, Cornet for Gudmundsson on the right and Weghorst instead of Wood up front
  • Cornet is a danger
  • Would prefer to have Antonio off the bench after 60/70minutes if we need him than him him starting
  • Would prefer to have Antonio off the bench after 60/70minutes if we need him than him him starting

True but this is a chance to go 3 points off the top 4 after being out the running last weekend
  • edited April 2022
    I also would have tried someone else up top for this match and I would not have played Rice and Souckek as I worry our engine room in midfield will overheat and need replacing at some point. Kral or Noble sitting, with Rice just ahead in the Soucek role would be a worthwhile experiment.
  • Tevez is here and waving to the crowd
  • Tevaz looks like he could still play for us
  • Probably cost us 25 million again if he did hahaha
  • Craig Dawson’s long passes are a joke 😂
  • cressers is looking up for it today
  • Looking good, some really nice one touch play on the left flank, if it had resulted in a goal, it would have been a terrific team effort
  • A couple of good chances already, one forcing a very good save.

Burnley player down, looking a serious injury.

Vlasic was our player involved, looks really upset
  • Cressers looked shook up too
  • What happened? What sort of collision?
  • edited April 2022
    They have just shown it again, from a distance, didn't look that bad a tackle, but guessing his foot got caught nastily (in the turf) as they've not shown it properly again in close up as they usually do; apparently it's a problem with his ankle.
  • Incident in crowd as well , fan ill
  • Looks like a very serious injury. Vlasic is very distressed. Our players consoling Vlasic. Nice to also see a Burnley player come over and console Vlasic.
  • Instant reaction from Westwood and the players all around looked so distressed

Doesn't look good
  • A coming together but nothing special, they are not replaying it, must have got his studs stuck in the turf and suspect his leg buckled, Vlasic looked back and was obviously distraught
  • I suspect something was pointing in the wrong direction for so many players to be upset