Olympique Lyonnais (away) Thursday 14th April 8pm BT Sport 1

Comments

• Paqueta absent tomorrow (illness)
  • What really annoys me is that tackle that injured Zouma didn’t even get a yellow card.
  • I feel much better if Ndombele isn’t playing. He was a thorn in our side last week.
  • If the players they are said to be missing do indeed miss the match it will more than make up for our missing Zouma, but sadly I will believe it when I see the team sheets. This match is massive for Lyon as by their standards it has been a very poor season and the Europa is everything to them now, they may just have been resting players at the weekend and playing mind games regard others.
  • 3 at the back for me too.
    Areola
    Coufal Diop Dawson Johnson Fornals
    Rice Soucek
    Lanzini
    Bowen Antonio
    Invite them on, hit them on the break. If needed go to 4 2 3 1 later on, with Benrahma and Yarmo off the bench. We can win this, but probably by a squeaky bum 1 - 2.
  • I think Rice will have a one game ban should he pick up a yellow tonight. This is a concern.
  • I was very worried he wouldn’t even be playing tonight when he tripped someone up off the ball after he’d lost it last week.
  • If you offered me a ban now in the semi first leg, I’d take it
  • edited April 2022
    Lukerz said:

Paqueta absent tomorrow (illness)

Paqueta would be a big miss, PSG are interested although there was a report that they aren't willing to meet OL's price but he's also linked with Newcastle and Arsenal.

Twitter report that Ndombele, Aouar and Lopes all trained yesterday.

I don't think we need to go with a back three, we got a 1-1 draw with 10 men and the ref against us, as long as we can keep 11 men on the pitch we should be okay

At least we know the ref will be okay, Moyes was full of praise for him after Sevilla away.
  • Bonjour mes amis. 😎 ⚒⚽️⚒
  • This is a pivotal game for Dec. We all know how good he is. We need a match winning performance from him tonight. Many are saying we can’t move him into defence as he’s too influential in midfield. Well we need to see that tonight. It’s clearly not just on him but he is our best player.
  • I think Rice will have a one game ban should he pick up a yellow tonight. This is a concern.

Is the slate not wiped clean for the Semi-finals?
  • Lukerz said:

This is a pivotal game for Dec. We all know how good he is. We need a match winning performance from him tonight. Many are saying we can’t move him into defence as he’s too influential in midfield. Well we need to see that tonight. It’s clearly not just on him but he is our best player.

Absolutely. He said recently that he feels like he's established as one of the top players around these days, so if that's the case he needs to be running the midfield in huge games. He was really quiet last week, and if Ndombele has the better of him then you'd have to question if he's as good as he thinks.

(For the record, I think he's unbelievably good)
  • OL making a big thing on their website about not losing at home in European competition since they moved to the Groupama Stadium in January 2016...

,,,apart from Bayern Munich 2020, CSKA Moscow 2018 and Juventus 2017

Actual record P25 W12 D10 L3

I guess that means they're overdue a fourth home loss

Yes, it is.
  • MIAHammer said:

I think Rice will have a one game ban should he pick up a yellow tonight. This is a concern.

Yes, it is.
    So if he gets one tonight then he misses the semi but if he doesn't they are cleared. Is that correct?
  • Went fishing for a few hours earlier to de- stress and chill out before tonight.

Didn’t really work if I’m honest.🥺
  • I did some Yoga .think i hurt something .Will stick to wine for the semi final =)
  • Hamstew said:

MIAHammer said:

I think Rice will have a one game ban should he pick up a yellow tonight. This is a concern.

Yes, it is.
    So if he gets one tonight then he misses the semi but if he doesn't they are cleared. Is that correct?
    Correct
  • Our of interest, if we finish top 7, is that another European tour (albeit it could be Conference League)?
  • Yes as long as Palace don’t win the FA Cup.
  • I'm so excited for tonight. Genuinely believe we can do it.

And very grateful to Moyes and this team for giving us something great to play for towards the tail end of a season, for the second season in a row.

COYI
  • I'm managing my expectations.

We can do it.

But we might not.
  • It's bubbly belly time again
  • We are due one of those ruthless counter attacking displays…
  • yoyo said:

It's bubbly belly time again

Nah, just bubbly at the final whistle +pray emoji+
  • Lets hope Antonio is rested up .That was the worse i have ever seen him play against Brentford .in other words he owes us one
  • Yeah he went through the motions

He’ll destroy them tonight
  • Currently on bus to stadium with police outriders. 😎

COYI
  • Team will be announced 6:45pm