Olympique Lyonnais (away) Thursday 14th April 8pm BT Sport 1

Comments

• Seems like I’m in a minority, but I think we can definitely still beat them
  • Diop to score the winner
  • Ariola
    fredricks, Dawson, Diop, Rice, Johnson
    Noble , Soucek
    Bowen, Antonio, Fornals.

I would start this line up and if we remain level or take a lead it remains, should we fall behind, Lanzini replaces Noble and Rice moves into his usual midfield role as we have need to throw caution to the wind.

I am not sure why but I just think if Nobes is involved he will rise to the occasion. We need character tomorrow in a hostile stadium and missing players, I think having our two Captains on the pitch in Noble and Rice might just make a difference. I would love Nobes to have the game of his life and lead us through.
  • alderz said:

Seems like I’m in a minority, but I think we can definitely still beat them

You are not alone.
  • Its not all doom and gloom, the last news from Lyon was that Lopes, Ndombele and Aouar were all likely to be absent

Pollersbeck
    Gusto Boateng Lukeba Emerson
    Mendes ?????
    Faivre Paqueta ??????
    Dembele

Maxence Caqureut would usually slot in next to Mendes but he's been out with a knee since 30 March (recovery 6-8 weeks apparently) so they might play Jason Denayer although he's more of a CB and only back from injury himself (came on in 90th minute last Thursday and had a full 90 minutes on Sunday)

Karl Toko-Ekambi is the most likely replacement for Aouar, he's currently joint top scorer in the Europa League with six
  • Areola; Coufal Dawson Diop Johnson; Soucek Rice; Bowen Lanzini Fornals; Antonio
  • There’s life after Zouma…
    Sadly karma comes back to you…
    COYI ⚒️⚒️⚒️⚒️⚒️⚒️
  • What karma?
  • IronHerb said:

What karma?

Might forgive but do we forget
  • Whatever
  • IronHerb said:

alderz said:

You are not alone.
    You're never alone with a clone =)
  • IronHerb said:

alderz said:

You are not alone.
    Herbie's gone all Michael Jackson.
  • Lukerz said:

Even if we get through, it he’s out longer term, we won’t have much of a chance in the semis.

That’s the spirit.
  • That Gusto at right back is a very good player. Johnson and Fornals will need to work hard to deal wirh him coming forward.
  • He is, but he also showed he has a mistake in him - hardly unsurprising as he’s 18.

I feel nervous, but no more than I have done in any other Europa game tbh. I feel like we’ve absolutely got a chance tomorrow night.
  • French website RMC Sport confirms that not only were Lopes, Aouar and Ndombele absent from training on Monday but Thiago Mendes was also missing.

It seems he picked up a knock against us and was left out of the squad for Strasbourg on Sunday
  • Zouma likely to miss most of the rest of the season, according to Ex (minimum 4 weeks).
  • edited April 2022
    I think, longer term, we need to go:

Fabianski
    Diop - Dawson - Cresswell
    Johnson - Soucek - Rice - Fornals
    Bowen - Lanzini
    Antonio
  • Also, I wonder why we never appealed Cresswell’s red?
  • Lukerz said:

Also, I wonder why we never appealed Cresswell’s red?

Apparently there has been absolutely ZERO successful appeals
  • Areola
    Coufal - Dawson - Rice - Johnson
    Soucek - Lanzini
    Bowen - Fornals - Benrahma
    Antonio
  • I don't see Rice playing as a CB. It totally unbalances the team. He's better defending in front of the back four and then dropping back in as and when required.
  • Rice would be wasted at CB, with OL possibly missing key central midfielders Rice's rampages up the middle could bring us a lot of joy
  • Is it true that our fans have been banned from the game tomorrow night?
  • edited April 2022
    They can attend but a percentage of the tickets have been cancelled; around 1000. These were tickets bought in the home end.
  • Yeah, I just see that. Understandable that.
  • If you haven't got an official away ticket you can't get near the stadium. It's going to be a bit of a palaver. You have to get a metro out of the centre for a couple of miles then catch a tram to a conference centre near one of the cities airports where a shuttle bus will take you to the away section at the stadium, once ticket and id have been confirmed.

And people still moan about the walk from Stratford station to the stadium. 😂
  • Looks like the German ref from the first leg with Lyon is running the line tonight in Man City’s game

• reckons we will win
  • As my Mexican friend sitting next to me said, "we need to do gooder this time"