Olympique Lyonnais (away) Thursday 14th April 8pm BT Sport 1

167891012»

Comments

• IronHerb said:

All yellow cards are now rescinded so all our players are safe.

From what I can make out Evan Ndicka (CB) was red carded and Krisyijan Jakic (DM) received a third yellow against Barca so I think both will miss the first leg of our semi.

They will clearly miss those two in defence as both are first team regulars and Jacik seems to have made his way into the Croatian national side recently although he is only on loan from Zagreb.

Has Zouma been ruled out for a few weeks? I read contradictory reports.

Superb discipline by Rice to go both matches without getting a yellow in such big matches.
    Officially, I think the club have only said he was missing the Lyon game, everything else is speculation
  • Frankfurt lost 2-0 to Union Berlin today and have now got 39 points from 30 games. I can see us going through (famous last words) and I can't wait for the semis, even if I won't be able to go myself.
  • I've read Zouma is out for 4 weeks.
  • Lyon won 6-1 today
  • Part of a statement issued by the Lyon ultras -

'It’s not the defeat that we criticise, we know how to accept it. We’ve had enough over the last 70 years and will certainly have more to come, that’s the law of football. But it is the way in which we lost which leaves a more than bitter taste in our mouth. Like at Strasbourg and so many times this season and before, we were pushed over, not by a team that was superior to us, but one with cohesion, a common state of mind, and a will to fight. Whereas our team was only a sum of its parts, without soul and without the right mindset…'

A compliment if I'm not mistaken.
  • What they are saying is " On paper and with how much the team cost to assemble, we should have beaten them out of sight, but this West Ham Utd team are an actual team who play as a team, fight as a team and over the two legs were the better team.
  • IronHerb said:

Like at Strasbourg and so many times this season and before, we were pushed over, not by a team that was superior to us, but one with cohesion, a common state of mind, and a will to fight. Whereas our team was only a sum of its parts, without soul and without the right mindset…'

Blimey, even French football supporters are poetic! You can imagine that being said between drags on a Gitane, followed by a diatribe on existential angst and the pointlessness of life.
    Lukerz said:

Lyon won 6-1 today

Against Bordeaux who were spared relegation last season after going into administration and are currently 19th with the worst goals conceded record in the Ligue (77)

Norwich could beat Bordeaux!

• Lyon won 6-1 today

Against Bordeaux who were spared relegation last season after going into administration and are currently 19th with the worst goals conceded record in the Ligue (77)

Norwich could beat Bordeaux!

Norwich ran ManU rather well, so how much of an achievement would it be to beat Bordeaux? 😉