West Ham Vs Southampton, Sun 26th Dec - Kick off 3pm

Comments

• Waht the hell is Diop doing

And what the hell is Dawson doing

Shocking

Terrible defending, we miss Zouma and Ogbonna so much
  • edited December 2021
    Never a pen. Contact outside the box.
    Unless ref thinks the contact outside the box wasn't even a foul.
  • This CB pairing is going to see us slide quite a way down the table.
  • If we knew how to defend it wouldn’t have happened.
  • Sorry but our CBs are so bad, 15 mins of domination and one simple ball and we’re behind
  • In the West Ham game:

"Armando Broja is brought down just inside the box and he is absolutely certain this is a penalty. VAR are of course having a look."

In the Arsenal game:

"Norwich are baffled they haven't got a penalty. They win a corner and as it is whipped in Alexandre Lacazette appears to bring down Kenny McLean. Referee Graham Scott allows play to continue and there is no intervention from VAR"
  • If we knew how to defend it wouldn’t have happened.

Are, there you are.
  • Still think of the two errors, Diop was the worse

So easily turned on the half way line, from there Dawson was always in trouble (alobviously didn't crown himself in glory)
  • MrsGrey said:

If we knew how to defend it wouldn’t have happened.

Are, there you are.
    He's not wrong though.
  • That incident is everything about why we are now where we are Diop terrible and Dawson not enough speed to recover. They are not a pairing for a competitive team.
  • Keep the faith people.
  • Benni boy!
  • Brilliant from Bowen

If only we could defend we'd be cruising
  • Dawson is fine when we're playing deep and are basically trying to block our way to a clean sheet.

When we have to play more progressively and higher up the pitch his lack of pace and ability with the ball is a liability.
  • Dawson is fine when we're playing deep and are basically trying to block our way to a clean sheet.

When we have to play more progressively and higher up the pitch his lack of pace and ability with the ball is a liability.

Dawson wasn’t even that good last season he just scored a few headers
  • Defence back to it’s best
  • Ref giving then everything

Really infuriating
  • Damn....

Southampton get a 3rd

This is exhausting

Shocking defending again
  • edited December 2021
    alderz said:

Dawson is fine when we're playing deep and are basically trying to block our way to a clean sheet.

Dawson wasn’t even that good last season he just scored a few headers
    He's never been great, but he's an effective, backs-to-the-wall type of defender. Sometimes it's what you need.

Right now, we need a million times better than Dawson and Diop.
  • Our defending is not even worthy of the name. Poor in the extreme.
  • Diop sits at the back of the line to defend that free kick.... he is our tallest player! He is awful today.
  • Let’s be honest, nobody ever expected three of our first choice back four to be out at the same time. Dawson, Diop and Masuaku are all ok enough if one of them is replacing one of the main back four. I’m not convinced that we can do better for squad depth than these guys.
  • If a PL club competing in the Europa League can't get a better left back than Arthur Masuaku then something's wrong, IMO.
  • edited December 2021
    I was thinking exactly the same. (To alderz post)
    I was also reflecting, as Matty Upson pundits away, that Dawson gives 100%, never sulks, never hides.
    alderz said:

Let’s be honest, nobody ever expected three of our first choice back four to be out at the same time. Dawson, Diop and Masuaku are all ok enough if one of them is replacing one of the main back four. I’m not convinced that we can do better for squad depth than these guys.

• alderz said:

Let’s be honest, nobody ever expected three of our first choice back four to be out at the same time. Dawson, Diop and Masuaku are all ok enough if one of them is replacing one of the main back four. I’m not convinced that we can do better for squad depth than these guys.

While i agree in some respect, the fact is all 3 are potentially out for an extended period so we can't use that excuse from now untill the end of the season

We need a new CB or use Alese or Baptiste, he'll even use one of Rice or Soucek

Can't just let this season die out

Yarmolenko about to come on for Benrahma....... yay.....
  • If a PL club competing in the Europa League can't get a better left back than Arthur Masuaku then something's wrong, IMO.

We can, I'm sure.

But we have had other priorities to sort out ( no Wildcards in the real world), and we were giving one of the kids a path into the first team to see how they coped. Which I'm ok with.
  • This has just been very bad. Reminds me of West Ham 2 or 3 years back. If one of Zouma or Ogbonna had avoided injury, we might have held it together better. Losing both has been a catastrophe.
  • We always knew the long purple patch would hit a hiccup but few of us expected it to be such a huge sudden dip in form.
  • Losing to Southampton and now my internet has gone from reasonable speed to slow than a tortoise speed. I'm really fed up.