Brighton (H) - Weds 1st December, 7.30pm

12345679»

Comments

• edited December 2021
    We are not a big club, we have limited funds therefore we have to have a shrewd manager to get the most out of what’s available .

GSB have aspirations that we are/will be and the move from Upton Park was part of the process to achieving it.

A poor performance here and there is always going to happen BECAUSE WE’RE WEST HAM!

I could agree if that was the "old West Ham" but we have moved on from being that side.

I just don’t get the “well we’ve always needed x y & z” just because we’ve hit a slightly iffy patch

Can't ignore the fact that we have, & still need, the positions covered which have been highlighted numerous times over many months.

We did fantastically well last season and if we get anywhere near that again it will be a marvellous achievement.

Yes it will be if we don't bring in some reinforcements.
  • I personally feel the context of the last two away games has made last nights disappointment inflated. It's looked at as 1 point from 9 as opposed to two losses in 11. We didn't play well yesterday (Brighton dominate a lot of teams) but we could still have easily been 2-0 up before they scored & still won 2-1 after they equalised. Equally, they could have been 1-2 up before they did score. It was an even game they shaded due to their dominance of the ball, but we were by no means awful. I don't feel a pre-Xmas review of the squad & summer window should be happening based on narrow losses to Wolves/City & a home draw with Brighton. Let's see where we are in the New Year. I am disappointed we didn't hang on for the win, especially when they went down to 10, but these things happen.

Bring on Chelsea.
  • IronHerb said:

jay said
    You could spin that and say Two defeats and one draw in our last 3 matches though.

But it's one win, one draw and one defeat in our last three games.

Should have added the PL ...Apologies for the misunderstanding what I meant to mean.
    👍
  • Just watching MOTD and the disallowed goal and where common sense goes out the window. It emphasises the need for the offside law to be amended (again). Whether or not the ball brushed Antonio's sock, it would still have gone into the goal and there was obviously no deflection.

The worse thing about the VAR decision was it overruled the on-field decision on the flimsiest of evidence.
  • So we've drawn our last 6 Premier League games with Brighton. I wonder what the record is?

And is Neal Maupay the new Glenn Murray?
  • What I find a tad disappointing is that we couldn't see out games whereby we should have got 1 point against Brentford and 3 points against Brighton. Spuds and Arsenal creeping ever nearer, these lacks in concentration could haunt us
  • Antonio has only scored once in his last 10 games.
  • we are saving it up for Chelsea =)
  • Antonio has only scored once in his last 10 games.

Only important thing is how many he scores in his next 10
  • Probably 1 if he maintains current form.
  • It was great to see Soucek back on the scoresheet though
  • The thing for me is we did n't play great and could of won the game we know that there are alot of players who can play alot better than they are at the moment . We are nearing the end of a tough run of games playing Liverpool Man City Chelsea we have some more winnable games to come
  • We said that about wolves and Brighton.
  • Do we have a problem against teams that like to keep the ball? There aren't too many possession heavy teams in the league anymore and against both, our patience in waiting for the counter seemed to boil over into frustration and when we broke it was without composure. Moreso against Wolves who were genuinely very impressive on the ball but even against Brighton we just seemed to be a bit surprised it had opened up and people ran in the wrong directions.
  • Throw-ins still seem to be a problem for us, we take so long and invariably lose possession. I would like to see a bit more urgency and hunger for the ball to give the taker better options.
  • Do we have a problem against teams that like to keep the ball? There aren't too many possession heavy teams in the league anymore and against both, our patience in waiting for the counter seemed to boil over into frustration and when we broke it was without composure. Moreso against Wolves who were genuinely very impressive on the ball but even against Brighton we just seemed to be a bit surprised it had opened up and people ran in the wrong directions.

When we break both Antonio and Benrahma lose the ball so quickly that the opposition regain possession pretty quickly.
  • And they did it again today late equaliser
  • I'm really getting to detest Brighton. >:)