Villa (a) Sunday 24th October 4:30pm Sky Sports

Comments

• edited October 2021
    Is anybody else having trouble watching the chat on Sky? On my TV they don't appear to be talking about Ronaldo or Utd. They're bigging us up.Perhaps my TV is broken.
  • yoyo said:

I thought the ref got the "Fornals incident " spot on

I think the player looked up saw him coming and raised his arm into his face.

I think it was more of a Red than the Red which could have gone either way, I metre or two over and definitely a goal scoring opportunity but he was sufficiently outside of the goal to have the view it was not so clear cut.
  • Sorry, I might be wrong. I was talking about his booking on the sliding tackle when it kicked off
  • edited October 2021
    I think sometimes pundits say no red because a goal would be tricky.. but it's denying an opportunity...that's the offence.
  • They reason he flew was because Lanzini and Bowen both pushed him hahaha
  • McGinn went flying

That's because Bowen has become so much stronger. Probably from his off-season training, which involved running in potato fields on his family farm.

Something Mrs G may be interested in, because she hasn't heard that recently...
  • Omg, I missed the marvellous rolling. That's ludicrous.
  • edited October 2021
    Also did you know, Rice's family live around the corner from Wimbledon's ground, or should I say their old ground?
  • McGinn went flying

That's because Bowen has become so much stronger. Probably from his off-season training, which involved running in potato fields on his family farm.

Something Mrs G may be interested in, because she hasn't heard that recently...
    You what? Omg, he wasn't on a sun lounger in Dubai? There's a farm? 😂
  • edited October 2021

Also did you know, Rice's family live around the corner from Wimbledon's ground?

That's where I come from and My Mum still lives. I didn't know that
  • edited October 2021
    Halfway to the safety point and the season hasn’t really kicked off yet 😀
  • yoyo said:

Sorry, I might be wrong. I was talking about his booking on the sliding tackle when it kicked off

Sorry Yoyo, I thought you meant the Fornals forearm smash
  • Well that was fun ,Goals shared around .not a lover of Dean Smith but thought he showed some class waiting for our players to leave the pitch and shake there hands ,
  • MrsGrey said:

Omg, I missed the marvellous rolling. That's ludicrous.

For anyone that missed it.

Rumour has it he's still going...

• That Marvelous tried to get Fornals sent off to even it up. Shocking play-acting & I always enjoy players piling in to defend their mates.
  • No reason we can't get something against Liverpool as Brighton showed yesterday, should we not however we will still go into the break in fourth.
  • We were not at our silky best but four goals away from home and 21 shots is great. Villa should have had two players red-carded.
  • I like Jimmy Floyd Hasselbank's comments too. I agree the Red Card was harsh, but using Mrs Grey's point of denying a goal scoring opportunity ...

However Hause's foul wasn't even given a yellow and that definitely should have been a red.

Dean Smith also appears to think Hause got away with it - and Konsa should not have been sent off. He was happy with one and unhappy with the other, but if the Ref had got it the other way around I'm sure he'd still be complaining!
  • From BBC:
    "West Ham have equalled the club record of five consecutive away victories in all competitions, previously done from December 1922 to January 1923 and April to September 2007."

Excellent :-)
  • Anyone notice how many of our players through there shirts into our fans ,Nice touch
  • I'm not denying their player got hurt in the 50-50 with Fornals, but his fish out of water impersonation should have won him an Oscar, I'm sure there were a couple of extra rolls not included in the clip above. If he was hurt that much, doing that would only hurt more.

As for the red that wasn't given, that's a shocking decision imo, much more clearcut than the one that was given. He deliberately lines him up and takes him out without doubt, one of the angles shows it clearly and I'm extremely disappointed he didn't go for it, very poor from both the ref and VAR.
  • Good in patches, poor in patches today. Fantastic final score and result mind. Delighted to see Johnson score, and that our assists and goalscorers were spread around.

Personnaly would have liked to see our last two subs come on earlier - would certainly have brought Noble on myself at about 70 minutes, and then the last on at 80.

But, ultimately, what do I know, we're 4th in the league and pushing upwards!

COYI
  • Great 3 points even though we seemed to make it a little hard for ourselves at times ( after the sending off )…
    Dean Smith is deluded at times , reminds me of Bagpuss ( no offence to Bagpuss )….
    Ben Johnson — What a revelation, his big smile is great to see….⚒️⚒️⚒️
  • Dodger58 said:

Dean Smith also appears to think Hause got away with it - and Konsa should not have been sent off. He was happy with one and unhappy with the other, but if the Ref had got it the other way around I'm sure he'd still be complaining!

This is just one of the reasons I hate Dean Smith, always finding excuses. Compare him with Moyes, no excuses, just objective criticism. CLASS

Plus Jamie Redknapp on Sky doing his best to claim that the sending off was unjustified by drawing the line showing where the ball was going (from Bowen's touch) in the wrong direction.

COYI
  • alderz said:

They look shattered, hopefully we can bag a couple more. Really harsh result on them!

Alderz, are you saying harsh on Villa? If so, go and wash your mouth out. =)
  • edited October 2021

yoyo said:

Sorry, I might be wrong. I was talking about his booking on the sliding tackle when it kicked off

Sorry Yoyo, I thought you meant the Fornals forearm smash
    Mate I totally agree with your original thought, that cross arm to the face of Fornals was outrageous and I can't believe it went unpunished
  • I think for the ref it’s hard to see at the time and VAR can’t give yellows I don’t think. But VAR not giving a red there is mad.

With Bowen, all he needs to do is take one touch inside with his right once he’s pat Konsa and he’s perfectly set up for a shot on his left with no one near him. That’s absolutely a goal scoring opportunity, especially for a left footed player.
  • All I will say is it is more of a goal scoring opportunity than Zaha's yesterday at the Eithad IMHO.
  • Dropping Mings was a huge mistake, Villa actually looked better with him on and just 10 men.

Dean Smith now 13/2 second favourite to be the next PL manager sacked