Man City (h) Caribou Cup 7:45pm Weds 27th October (not on TV)

Comments

• edited October 2021
    When's the next round draw against Liverpool or Chelsea taking place?
  • It's getting beyond a joke how massive we are.

We're going to need more capital letters and exclamation marks.
  • Draw is on Saturday.
  • 5 London teams in the quarter finals. What’s the betting we get Sunderland away?
  • Other than Sunderland its all top PL teams.

Hope we get Sunderland at home :P
  • after our last two draws we deserve Sunderland at home
  • edited October 2021
    That was great.
    Moyes got it right again.
    That is why he is a very, very good manager.
  • Kudos to Ben Johnson, this young man has been fantastic since taking the place of Coufal…
    I’ve been well impressed 👍🏻
  • I think we want a home tie against one of Sunderland, Spurs, Leicester or Brentford, probably in that order as Spurs are not fielding a strong side so far and we seem to do well against Leicester.
  • I'll take Chelsea away. Let's beat all the so called top 6.
  • I'm sure we'll get Liverpool or Chelsea away. Although both tend to field considerably weakened teams in this competition.
  • No bookings and only 7 fouls in the whole match, excellent
  • What's bigger than MASSIVE?
  • Who were the last team to beat both Manchester clubs in the League cup, and how far did they go that year? Stats please - Alderz? 😀⚒
  • What is great is how the whole squad must now feel an equal part of this great season so far, in Europe and this cup Moyes brings people in and they perform. The confidence in the squad must be sky high being unbeaten in Europe and having knocked out both Manchester clubs in this competition, oh and fourth in the league.

M A S S I V E

We’re galactic
  • Great that so many non season ticket holders there tonight and lots of kids, Any kids first time match, now West Ham for life.
  • Great that so many non season ticket holders there tonight and lots of kids, Any kids first time match, now West Ham for life.

…….and to think we were worried about their education this year! ⚒
  • Yes. Of course, in 10 years time they'll be on this forum bemoaning how they got sucked in on a glorious night. But suffered years of disappointment subsequently.
  • Jolly good show that.
    COYI ⚒
  • Felt like Areola really arrived as a viable alternative to Fabianski tonight. He's looked a bit shaky up to now but he was great tonight.
  • Felt like Areola really arrived as a viable alternative to Fabianski tonight. He's looked a bit shaky up to now but he was great tonight.

I would like him as our long term number one.

First time he had a real challenge and he stood up to it nicely.
  • Right then, does Coufal come back in for Johnson? Young Ben has some impressive stats since he's been in the team and it feels like it would be harsh to drop him.

But Coufal has been brilliant from his first game. Like the Fabianksi/Areola dilemma, Moyes has got another tough choice to make for Villa.
  • I thought Diop made some really good tackles today. It's really good seeing him get out of that rut he was in.

I was talking to someone about Roberto earlier and started wondering whether that was where Diop's stagnation started - both him and Ogbonna had been really solid then suddenly looked lost. These cup and Europa games have really helped him find his feet again.
  • edited October 2021
    What a result!

Interesting to see us line up 4411 for the majority of the match, worked well to nullify Man City's wealth of attacking talent.

Everyone put in a superb shift. So wonderful to see our squad looking in such fine spirit, even those who aren't are current regular starters. Top stuff all, LOVING our side at the mo!!
  • Also, I have long considered De Bruyne as one of the premier league's best ever players. He apparently played 83 minutes tonight. Anybody notice him?
  • How good was Dawson tonight?
    Very,is the word you’re looking for.
  • Right then, does Coufal come back in for Johnson? Young Ben has some impressive stats since he's been in the team and it feels like it would be harsh to drop him.

But Coufal has been brilliant from his first game. Like the Fabianksi/Areola dilemma, Moyes has got another tough choice to make for Villa.

I think Johnson keeps his place. Would he ludicrous to replace him.