Spurs (h) 2pm Sunday 24th Oct Sky Sports cos some people have zero patience...

Comments

• That picture of Rice is just how I picture myself, unfortunately the mirrors in my house appear to be bevelled and I don't quite seem to look the same .
  • I bet you had the same smile on your face Yoyo and that's what counts.
  • Come on ASLEF, stop slacking
  • edited October 2021
    yoyo said:

That picture of Rice is just how I picture myself, unfortunately the mirrors in my house appear to be bevelled and I don't quite seem to look the same .

He obviously goes to the same gym as me………
  • Just back from match have to say that’s probably one of the worst Spurs teams I have seen , we were pretty average and Spurs were worse. This makes me very happy as we are still better than Spurs when we are average. The good thing is Spurs see, to think they dominated us nice to see they are deluded as ever
  • I didn't think it was a great game. A good first 25 minutes or so then Some poor passes and possession from both sides. Not our best performance this season and not a great watch for the neutral but then again who cares? 3 points, well chuffed.
  • From the Fighting Cock Forum… this one made me laugh…..

“We’re such mental midgets and bottlers

THATS our true DNA”
  • Nuno reckons they were the better side, deserved to win and were in total control. As deluded as their forum.
  • So happy .anyone know what Cresswell is eating cause i went some ,Also could not get on here before as my wife hates me being so happy so sent me out to rake leaves
  • edited October 2021
    I thought the performance was really mature.

I enjoyed the game & thought it was tactical & very disciplined from both sides. I’ve seen a few ‘drab London derby’ comments but I thought it was exciting.

We had a gameplan - not to overcommit, stay in shape, exploit counter attacking opportunities & try to get the full-backs high. Spurs looked to slow the entire game down, I assume to quieten the crowd, keep the ball for periods before trying to get Kane & N’Dombele on the ball looking for Son & Moura. Both sides remained disciplined in this approach & it was always going to come down to one goal if there was to be a winner. As usual, Cresswell was the difference with his delivery. Antonio with a very instinctive finish.

Defensively we are starting to take shape. That’s 5 goals conceded in the last 10 games (all comps), when we conceded 5 in the first 3. Zouma was excellent & Johnson is starting to look a very mature option at RB. This game was about the defence as the attacking players (Benrahma & Bowen) were quiet today, which is fine as the attacking players have contributed many goals this season. Rice played a lot deeper today, almost to ensure we didn’t get caught cold. Fab was very composed after a couple of games at home where he had influence in some of the goals we conceded. That claim in the last minute summed up his focus today.

Very happy with a deserved win, mainly due to how disciplined we were at the back.
  • What a day. Took my little boy today and am so happy we won just for his sake. Now he keeps singing the "Tottenham get battered " song 😬.
  • Has it been established whether Romero did spit at Fornals?
  • Very pleased to win this one!

Very solid, if not very spectacular performance. However, we were organised, drilled, and put the effort in. This was won by good coaching and players attitude moreso than individual performances. But we weren't bad by any judgement. Back 5 were very good IMO, Cress in particular continuing his top form, Rice everwhere as per, Fornals superb energy, and Ant while not at his very best, just bullies centre backs and causes problems. We went full defencive for the last 20 mins, but it made sense in the context of the match, and we did it superbly. No shots by them in the 2nd half says it all. Ultimately we were the better side IMO, had more shots, and I thought deserved the win.

How Nuno can say they 'controlled' the game though, don't see that at all. Had the higher possession definitely, but did little with it, and mainly because we were stopping them.

Mainly though; 9 games in all round, and TOP 4 lads!!!

COYI!!
  • Spurs fans are certainly a glass half empty lot. Although we like to laugh at them they are still in a very healthy state. Some of their comments would have you believe they are in the relegation zone.

They are 6th 2pts from the champions league places
    They have arguably the best stadium in the Premiership
    They do need rebuild but have the platform to do so. They should have cashed in on Kane in the summer for 100-120m and provided that and as much as could have been given on top to rebuild.

Nuno isn't for them I feel and although we don't know why Howe or some of the others mentioned were not persuaded to come it appears levy is too dictatorial and needs be more realistic about what a top manager with options will expect.
  • Question for the Grammarians: is it correct to say "we are massively Top Four"?? 😁
  • Well you don’t need capitals or 2 question marks for a start.
  • edited October 2021
    I think the only negative I can see is the front four are not quite clicking. If you take out the Leeds game, that’s United at home, Brentford at home, Everton away & yesterday where we have scored 4 goals, 3 from corners & 1 deflected. The front four have struggled to gel in those games. Now it could be due to the quality of opposition we faced but I have felt Benrahma has been off it in the last few weeks after his very good start. I think he will get away with it a bit longer due to the ‘no Lingard’ option but Moyes has been quick to leave him out previously after a poor game. I think he brings a lot to our side but he will need to raise his levels. I was hoping Moyes was going to switch him with Fornals yesterday but he didn’t. I think he is better off the left.

Just a slight area to focus on, especially given the tough set of fixtures we have coming up.
  • Well you don’t need capitals or 2 question marks for a start.

And first word inside speech marks always gets a capital ... unless it's continuing a clause interrupted by an embedded reporting verb phrase. ;-)
  • Lukerz said:

Has it been established whether Romero did spit at Fornals?

Apparently he used a very offensive Spanish phrase at him which is an absolute no no unless you want to start a fight thus the reaction
  • MotD2 said exactly what we were saying down the pub yesterday, Spurs had no width, everything was through the middle and they just ran into a defensive wall.
  • I thought Nuno had introduced "Walking football" to his tactis. Apart from a couple of 'rushes' they didn't seem in a hurry
  • Lots of hopeless long passes hitting no-one
  • edited October 2021
    Kane looked less than ordinary.
    They had a lot of possession in the midfield especially in the first half but did nothing with it. For me they did look the better team in the first half but never really looked like scoring in the 2nd.
  • Question for the Grammarians: is it correct to say "we are massively Top Four"?? 😁

Any sentence formation regarding us being in the top 4 is either correct and justified :)

I think Massively should be capitalised, bold and underlined.

I think Massively should be capitalised, bold and underlined.
    Fixed it for ya.
  • Apparently Spurs last effort at goal was around the 42nd minute mark.
  • When you compare yesterdays win to the game we won 2-1 last season, it was chalk & cheese.

7 of the 11 that played last season started yesterday (Coufal, Dawson, Diop, Lingard the changes) & Spurs had 8 of the 11 they had last season (Tanganga, Sanchez, Llamela) also start yesterday, but we are a much better side than the one we were last season & that reflected in the differences in the level of performance & the composure of the display.

Stats in the game last season:
    Possession 31%
    Shots 4
    On target 4
    Corners 5

Spurs had 20 shots