Spurs (h) 2pm Sunday 24th Oct Sky Sports cos some people have zero patience...

As Ian Darke repeatedly reminded us tonight we've lost both Premier League matches after we've played in the Europa League on Thursday

Ian Darke can go forth and multiply

Comments

• I'm going. Loss.
  • edited October 2021
    Nuno changed his entire team for his European trip this evening (and lost) so it's would give me even more pleasure than usual to beat them on Sunday and make that a pointless exercise.

It's a difficult one to call as they can still perform on their day but are very inconsistent this season. I think if we can play with our usual intensity we could prevent them ever getting into a rhythm, the question is will we have that intensity after our exploits this evening. We look as though we should have everyone available from our first eleven possibly aside from Coufal.

Looking over the Spurs forum and very disrespectful to be quite frank

Honestly. How can you take west ham seriously with craig dawson playing for them. Remember going to west ham away in league cup a few years ago under poch with a 2nd string and winning comfortably 3-1. Gone backwards im sorry to say.

• Honestly, how can we take that poster seriously.
  • I assume he means spuds have gone backwards
  • edited October 2021
    Fabianski
    Johnson - Zouma - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Rice - Souček
    Bowen - Benrahma - Fornals
    Antonio

Areola, Dawson, Diop, Fredericks, Masuaku, Noble, Lanzini, Vlasic, Yarmolenko

Side picks itself.

I think the main thing here is that we don’t lose the game; a point would be a good result after a mid-week game. I don’t want another last minute loss like Man Utd & Brentford, both after Europa games.

I don’t think Spurs have been convincing at all in any game this season but with Kane they can win any game.
  • MrsGrey said:

Honestly, how can we take that poster seriously.

I assume you didn't mean C&Bsky? 😂
  • This is a must win game, not in terms of league position, points or anything football related really,just for my own happiness and gloating capabilities.
  • Well if we've gone backwards, then Spurs must have a time machine, they've gone back that far.
  • Slacker said:

This is a must win game, not in terms of league position, points or anything football related really,just for my own happiness and gloating capabilities.

this x100
  • Nuno has tinkered with the team this season but has started the same XI the last two league games

Lloris
    E,Royal Romero Dier Reguilon
    Skipp Holjberg
    Lucas Ndombele Son
    Kane

None of them we even on the bench last night so fairly likely this is how they will line up on Sunday
  • I think if you look at that side, how many of our players would get in, I’d say 6 of ours get in that 11.

Combined current 11

Lloris
    Royal - Zouma - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Rice - Soucek
    Moura - Fornals - Son
    Kane
  • Lukerz said:

I think if you look at that side, how many of our players would get in, I’d say 6 of ours get in that 11.

Combined current 11

Lloris
    Royal - Zouma - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Rice - Soucek
    Moura - Fornals - Son
    Kane

Nooooooooo, you've left out Vlad =) >:)
  • We were at home against Genk, so no travel factor this match. I think substitutes are going to be important- who and when - and ours are better than theirs. Who is the ref - please not Attwell 😮
  • Lets just all agree we need to smash them
  • Thanks ASLEF. I'll look him up...
  • edited October 2021
    They really are deluded this lot

I really don't understand why they think this is some special game for us - apart from just being the opportunity to laugh at the expense of a 3rd tier London derby team.

I'm more worried about Brentford at the moment.

West Ham are a modern day Wimbledon, a physically big, fast moving, organised team with all the style and poise of a breeze block through your toilet window.

Have they watched some of the close link up play we do each week?

I think as hard a game as we could have right now, apart from maybe Liverpool.

Got arguably the best midfielder in the country at the present time and are a team who have got players who are giving their all.

Unlike us they seen to buy players who improve. On that metric alone I just wish we were so much better.

And of course unlike us they have more than one striker, which continues to undermine us and has to be resolved in January.

This guy gives more respect but who does he think our second striker is?

It's a great test of where we are, which for me is still looking for a way to get the best out of our squad.

However I view this it's getting past and through Rice that is the problem.

When we had Dembele and Wanyama in tandem I would say we could have suffocated Rice but the guy runs on Duracell and is just phenomenal right now.

What West Ham don't have is pace, so we can sit back and try to catch them on the break, which I think will represent our best chance, so I expect Son and Moura to be running off through balls from Kane and maybe from defence.

He is right about Rice, but don't have pace? Like Kane is going to outrun Zouma!

• edited October 2021
    To be fair, they're right about our lack of pace at the back. Zouma's quick for a centre back, but quick enough to catch Son or Moura in a foot race? Not so sure. None of Rice, Soucek and Fornals are what you'd call rapid, so I think we are vulnerable to the counter attack.

If they target our left side then we could be in trouble. Cresswell and Ogbonna have zero pace, so if Zouma gets sucked in to cover, there'll be space behind. Wouldn't surprise me to see Fredericks start this one, actually.
  • Rice has Inspector Gadget legs, though.
  • edited October 2021
    We know what they are capable of. Last season an average Spurs side went 3-0 up in 15 minutes against us & thanks to Jose deciding the game was done, we got back into it. The home game, we were battered for the whole second half after going 2-0 up & lucky not to at least draw it, if not lose it.

I think we’re a better side now, whereas they are not really any better, but the individual quality they possess means they are going to be a massive threat. But any Spurs fan not worried about the game is lying. I imagine we will sit back & try to play on the break.
  • Has anyone got their email ticket yet?
    Mine hasn't arrived yet.
  • I have my email ticket. I'd give them call if I were you.
  • My ticket arrived by email on 15th Oct, so definitely needs a call.
  • Tierney, today's ref: last year he dished out 4 yellows for us but none for Spurs. Lets some borderline tackles go, but once booked Noble for time-wasting in the 30th minute! We'll see...
  • Prediction , sky coverage 95% Liverpool manure and 4% harry Kane
  • Tierney, today's ref: last year he dished out 4 yellows for us but none for Spurs. Lets some borderline tackles go, but once booked Noble for time-wasting in the 30th minute! We'll see...

Depends what season that was. A few years ago, we would have been time wasting from the 30th minute after being 3-0 down.
  • No point watching the build up to our game, we won't get a mention
  • I’m nervous. A win would be massive. A loss would be so painful.

I hate football.