(For OCS comment about a corner)
  • Dawson on for the last 15.

Not sure I'm a fan of this.
  • I may have used Kral to partner Declan
  • MrsGrey said:

Pickford was remonstrating, for sure.

Shame, hey?

Antonios challenge was more than fair, Pickford was beaten fairly and Oggy made him pay :)
  • I may have used Kral to partner Declan

Not fit. Which is a shame because he could have been useful in this situation.
  • Bazshuayi said:

MrsGrey said:

Shame, hey?

Antonios challenge was more than fair, Pickford was beaten fairly and Oggy made him pay :)
    It was a fair challenge, but it looked like it touched Antonio's head last. We deserve to be ahead, but think we may have got a bit lucky.
  • Lanzini on for Benrahma.

Been our best player in the final third again today.
  • Lanzini for Benrahma

Interesting...
  • Bazshuayi said:

MrsGrey said:

Shame, hey?

It was a fair challenge, but it looked like it touched Antonio's head last. We deserve to be ahead, but think we may have got a bit lucky.
    Just shown it in super slow mo and definitely a corner. Well played the officials.
  • Dawson on

Bazshuayi said:

MrsGrey said:

Shame, hey?

Nope. Came off Pickford’s glove
  • It definitely came off Pickford's hand last for the corner.
  • They just did a very slow replay and looked a definite corner.
  • edited October 2021
    Yarmolenko on for his obligatory two minutes.
  • Phew!!! Managed to see that out!
  • Boom Boom Boom Get in!!!
  • Big 3 points, well deserved and a bit needed

Back up to 6th

Happy days!!!
  • Good win, that. Very good performance and makes up for the Brentford disappointment.

Rice and Zouma our best players today.
  • happy happy joy joy
  • Well chuffed
  • Bazshuayi said:

MrsGrey said:

Shame, hey?

The replay I saw says it came off Pickford last ;)
  • Great game of football for the neutral too. One thing that i like about us this season is that we are seeing a bit more possession control and still creating chances.
  • Yarmolenko on for his obligatory two minutes.

hurried pass to an on the floor Antonio was his contribution ;)
  • Good win, that. Very good performance and makes up for the Brentford disappointment.

Rice and Zouma our best players today.

I would add Johnson to that.
  • Bazshuayi said:

Bazshuayi said:

MrsGrey said:

Shame, hey?

The replay I saw says it came off Pickford last ;)
    Yep, already acknowledged it. Sky trying to suggest it was a foul by Antonio too, but it absolutely wasn't.

A deserved, if not a pretty win. Hoping Kane scores this afternoon because they're at the bowl next weekend and we really don't want him looking to break his duck in that one.
  • Great result and deserved, was worried when Dawson came on as it looked like we’re planning on defending the slender lead, when you have dominated possession for so much of the game, it looked to me that we were prepared to pass the initiative onto Everton and put ourselves under the cosh.

Did not quite play out like that but I would still have preferred to see Vlasic or Lanzini come on so that we could maintain momentum.

All that being said, am really happy with that result and most importantly, the performance.

COYI
  • A lot of good performances. Soucek one of his better performances for quite a while. Rice and Zouma very good. Johnson was useful as an attacking outlet, just needs better delivery. Antonio caused them a lot of trouble even without really having any chances himself. Benrahma had some nice moments and some wasted opportunities. Fornals got passed by a little for the first time in a while. Everyone else pretty good.
  • edited October 2021
    Sky go straight to Newcastle. " Reaction from this game ( meaning ours ) on Sky sports news"..... changed over and they have another reporter talking about Newcastle. I give up
  • yoyo said:

Sky go straight to Newcastle. " Reaction from this game ( meaning ours ) on Sky sports news"..... changed over and they have another reporter talking about Newcastle. I give up

So frustrating. Sky have so many channels but can never get their post-match reaction right, quite often covering the same thing on three channels at the same time.
  • yoyo said:

Could be worse…..Newcastle could have signed Ronaldo!
  • Soucek was really good today, him & Rice. A really good 7/10 from everybody.