England Vs Germany

124»

Comments

• Irritated Kane scored because I think he’s holding the team back.

Is Rice injured?

Looked like cramp to me
  • Teams have won to euro,s based on good defence the Greeks did it , I thought it was a decent performance I am hop8ng Kane improves now he has scored as he has been pretty poor so far
  • I missed the first 10 minutes, having had a look back at Rice's booking and it looked like the German player did a Vardy and got Rice booked.
  • I think Kane gets very little service, so he comes deep. When he stays forward and the ball comes to him he affects the game. Ball into him outside the box, quick ball to Grealish and we score the first goal. Then he gets the second with a very good header (the cross was nearly behind him).
  • The one time he got a proper delivery he scored.He’s a world class striker. I think people expect him to score a hat trick in every game. Blimey I wish he played for us.
  • alderz said:

I think Kane gets very little service, so he comes deep. When he stays forward and the ball comes to him he affects the game. Ball into him outside the box, quick ball to Grealish and we score the first goal. Then he gets the second with a very good header (the cross was nearly behind him).

I think he doesn’t get service because he’s so busy coming deep like he does for Spurs. When there’s a ball to be played into the box he’s rarely in the right place. He’s looked so slow carrying the ball and not held up much. His touch has often been bad, like for the chance at the end of the first half. I think his role in the first goal was pretty basic - luckily Sterling got onto the cross because I’m pretty sure Kane was offside.
  • I think you’re being a bit harsh, but I guess maybe I’m being generous I’m not sure
  • edited June 2021
    I actually think this is the best England squad for a long time and in around 2 years time when some of the real youngsters like Rice and Foden are reaching their prime it will be even better.

We have had superstars before such as Gerrard and Rooney but the level of quality throughout here is the difference. When Calvert Smith and Sancho can't get a game, and Grielish is a sub it really is an embarrassment of riches.

I think Maguire is a big player for us, Rice is playing well but too deep for me I wish Southgate would let him loose as he could blow everyone away in this tournament, he has so much ability.

I don't actually think we played that well tonight as we did not really create many chances, chances were about 3-3 but we took two of ours. what we did very well was control the game so it was played on our terms.
  • Finally, Rice and Phillips play like Rice-Soucek at West Ham. England improve greatly. Maguire and Grealish are not my favourite players, but they did well. Now they need to get Kane into the game more.