Euro 2020 Group Stage Thread

Comments

• Mount and Chillwell have to self isolate and will miss the czech game .
  • Sometimes managers are forced into changes that have the effect of improving things. Hope this is one such situation.
  • Now i hear they might not miss the game .Sorry jumped the gun a bit not sure what to believe anymore
  • Austria through to the next round, man-marked Yarmo out of the game.
  • Austria win the dubious privilege of playing Italy next.
  • I do like the Finnish top.
  • Glen Kamara looked good
  • It will be interesting to see what approach England take to the game tonight since they have already qualified.
    Will it be an expansive, attacking game to show what they are capable of, or a dull, cautious, injury-avoiding performance to save themselves for the next round?

I'm going to be very disappointed if it's the latter, especially after the games last night and some cracking goals.

• It will be interesting to see what approach England take to the game tonight since they have already qualified.
    Will it be an expansive, attacking game to show what they are capable of, or a dull, cautious, injury-avoiding performance to save themselves for the next round?

I'm going to be very disappointed if it's the latter, especially after the games last night and some cracking goals.

I'd have thought he'll rotate to give his preferred players a rest, so hopefully those that come in will really put a shift in to show him they should start in the knockouts, and we might have a good performance.
  • Difficult game to call. IF we'd drawn with Croatia and beaten Scotland then there would have been less media hysteria and still 4 points. I think what has been disappointing for everyone is the lacklustre performances. A draw sees us get the slightly easier draw in the latter stages, should we be so lucky to get that far. I just want to see us play better but will be happy with a draw. Portugal won the competition last time out without wining a match in 90 minutes. In the end that's all that counts. But Please!!!! Lets look like we're interested!

• I think Vlad just gave Declan a warning. 😂
  • I really wanted that warning to be much more direct.

"on football pitch there are no friend. better watch back"
  • Perhaps none of our players will even play today .both countrys could rest the 3 of them
  • I hadn't really registered earlier that the 2 England players have to isolate while the Scottish players who have had much closer and more prolonged contact with Gilmour are carrying on as normal.

I suppose it could be argued there's nobody for them to isolate FROM.
  • Does make you wonder how he got it in the first place if they have been in bio bubble of sorts.
  • He tested positive, doesn't mean he has it.
  • IronHerb said:

He tested positive, doesn't mean he has it.

Surely that is what exactly that means?
  • So what are false positives?
  • Rare, if a PCR test is done.
  • Ironherb, rumours we are going to buy someone then not getting them!
  • He could be A Systematic.

But he's been tested .. tests diagnose covid even if you are asymptomatic. (Or have I missed your point?)

He could be a hydromatic...
  • IronHerb said:

So what are false positives?

MrsGrey said:

Rare, if a PCR test is done.

The ONS said:

With regard to the COVID-19 PCR test results figures, which are published by the office of national statistics, could you tell me how you apply the estimated false positive percentage rate to the data you receive. This rate of false positives PCR test results has been estimated at between 0.8% and 4.3%.

Obviously there's always a risk of false positives, but there's no way the Scotland camp having tested him two or three times.
  • I wasn't sure if Ironherb had got positive mixed up with asystematic.
  • No, I know the difference.
  • lateral flow tests have a bad false positive rate PCR not so much
  • It's the false negatives that are more a worry.
  • He could asystematic or hydromatic but is he “greased lightning”! 😄
  • MrsGrey said:

It's the false negatives that are more a worry.

the issue is we are asking the public to perform an uncomfortable invasive test on themselves, that if not done correctly will lead to a negative result as well as the technology being very poor
This discussion has been closed.