Discussion of 'taking the knee' and related ideas

1235»

Comments

• He's my new Hammer hero and I would be gutted if he was tied in with , or indeed proven to withhold, any controversial comments
  • MrsGrey said:

That stuff about 'you can't call a blackboard a blackboard' is Sun tabloid dog whistle rubbish.

Someone needs to set him straight on that.

I think they might call them interactive boards because they are interactive boards. Who has blackboards anymore? (Though when I was in school they couldn’t use them because someone kept stealing the projectors until they put metal bars on the windows)
  • On Soucek, these are bad comments IMO but they just reflect a lack of understanding. I think there’s more a case here of someone who could do with listening to people who are affected more. Piling on probably doesn’t help here, if he’s open to listening.
  • edited June 2021
    His latest post that backtracks slightly sounds like a usual PR media statement, obviously we don't have the full context. But it doesn't look great from what has been said thus far in that interview.
  • I hadn't realised that Brentford didn't take the knee before our game, and probably (?) won't going forward.