Everton (H) - Sunday 9th May, 16.30pm

Comments

• Gotta go for it

Just been one of those games....
  • MIAHammer said:

Not our day top 4 dreams over

Not over yet. Leicester have a tough run in.
    Need Liverpool to drop points now too and they have very nice fixtures.
  • MIAHammer said:

Not our day top 4 dreams over

Not over yet. Leicester have a tough run in.
    i think its over if we didnt win today Liverpool will have a game in hand and fixtures to get there too.
  • Fab’s made one save and. Pickford none.

We’ve had one shot on target, so he must have made one. I don’t remember it but it must have happened.
  • Ancellotti's teams are so dull to watch. Basically an Italian Allardyce.

Funny you say that. I've got a Spurs friend who loathes Allardyce. Loathed Mourinho.

When I asked him about a new manager after Mourhino was sacked his first pick was Ancelotti ( knows it's a no go, but would love it). Says ' he's won trophies'.

So I asked him about realistic choices .. Potter or Nuno.
  • Taking too many touches

Need to just get it in the box

Everton doing a job on us to be fair to them
  • This has been a proper defensive masterclass from Everton
  • alderz said:

Fab’s made one save and. Pickford none.

We’ve had one shot on target, so he must have made one. I don’t remember it but it must have happened.
    Block by a defender?
  • Should have hit the target then
  • Everton have put on the performance we have against quite a few teams.
  • MrsGrey said:

alderz said:

Fab’s made one save and. Pickford none.

Block by a defender?
    Doesn’t count as on target in the stats, counts as blocked. On target is a goal or a save.
  • I think we may end up 7th, certainly not top 4 but Liverpool and Everton could probably overtake us.
  • Yarma a waste of time
  • I think we may end up 7th, certainly not top 4 but Liverpool and Everton could probably overtake us.

That’s the spirit
  • Everton have done a good job of stopping us play, but it’s killed the game as a spectacle.
  • We're not going to win any games with zero shots on target.
  • Antonio has done nothing this game and has been easily shut out.
  • Last 2 home games 0-1
  • Yarmolenko is pointless. Said wasn't having his best game but he was better than this guy.
  • Sounds like I've missed a corker
  • Everton have just completely shut us out

Disappointing but not sure what else we could've done....

Benrahma really need to convert that chance
  • Rude mod inducing words
  • Look obviously this is very disappointing, but you’ve got to give it to Everton. They absolutely suffocated the game. We never, ever deserved to lose this game, but the way they defended deserved something. We’ve been undone by a defensive error again, and we really need to cut that out of our game.
  • edited May 2021
    We gave it a go...
    I have no regrets...
    Look where we are...
    I am content....
    Moyes and the team have done us proud this season...beaten by a decent team...
    We are allowed to lose a game or 2....3rd in 4th....but how many all losses all season..
    Where we have come from last season....Swallow it...
    Be proud...IMO
  • Well, I'm sure Moyes/the board/Noble will get all kinds of stick, but we've given it everything.

They've not given us an inch of space.
  • The Yarmo (who has been out months) sub was absolutely baffling from Moyes
  • alderz said:

Look obviously this is very disappointing, but you’ve got to give it to Everton. They absolutely suffocated the game. We never, ever deserved to lose this game, but the way they defended deserved something. We’ve been undone by a defensive error again, and we really need to cut that out of our game.

Yeah, not sure I’d be overjoyed about being a Toffee if that’s the sort of game plan they operate given the spend they get last summer
  • Ancelotti slightly outthought Moyes here. They stopped our game but we still only lost because of a defensive error and even though Benrahma should’ve saved it.
  • Everton have just completely shut us out

Disappointing but not sure what else we could've done....

Benrahma really need to convert that chance

This, game summary in a nutshell, feel a bit frustrated but not disheartened
  • Well, I'm sure Moyes/the board/Noble will get all kinds of stick, but we've given it everything.

They've not given us an inch of space.

That defeat was probably Nobles fault tbh