West Ham V Arsenal (H) Sun 21st March

Comments

• alderz said:

When Noble came on the commentators said it would be to sit in the space that Odegaard was occupying and close him out. If that was his job then it’s one of the worst performances he’s had in a West Ham shirt.

He is finished as a player here
  • Feels like 2 points dropped, but at one point it looked like we were going to lose

Very unhappy with this, but not devastated

Had chances to make it 4 which is disappointing but Arsenal took us apart for 60 minutes
  • Should have won that, but would normally be happy with a point. In a strange way, it’s nice to be disappointed.
  • thrown away 3 points there, that is going to sting for a while. Lucky we have an international break to get over it with.
  • Our squad depth is awful. Subs are championship standard.
  • John Moss did appear to be helping them at times, frustrating, but at least we didn’t lose!
  • When you’ve been three nil up and you don’t win a game, then it is absolutely 2 points dropped. Arsenal deserved to win on the balance of the game, but to throw away a three goal lead is just not good enough at any level.
  • edited March 2021
    Lukerz said:

alderz said:

When Noble came on the commentators said it would be to sit in the space that Odegaard was occupying and close him out. If that was his job then it’s one of the worst performances he’s had in a West Ham shirt.

He is finished as a player here
    To be fair, a lot of us thought he was at the end of last season. Our lack of proper recruitment in the last two windows has meant he's played more than he should.

But he's not the reason we threw this away. Jon Moss had a lot to do with it, but our old mentality seems to be creep back in. As soon as they scored their first we panicked.
  • edited March 2021
    I can’t believe the negativity on here 😂

We got turned over by a Freddie Ljungberg Arsenal last season. Yes it is disappointing but some perspective is needed. We have come so far. It was a great game & we take the point. We should have had enough about us to win, Antonio scores to make it 4-2 and it’s job done. Fine margins.
  • Lukerz said:

Me neither. We won the match 5-1, who would have expected that?
  • alderz said:

When you’ve been three nil up and you don’t win a game, then it is absolutely 2 points dropped. Arsenal deserved to win on the balance of the game, but to throw away a three goal lead is just not good enough at any level.

We crucified Spurs for it. We can expect the same and it'll be deserved.
  • Absolutely shocking refereeing.Made Mike Dean look competent.
  • Arsenal always seem to rally against us
  • Shows how far we have come, a great comeback by Arsenal against west ham
  • edited March 2021

Nobes coming on so we are going even more defensive.

Noble on is not a defensive move. It just gives the opposition one player less to worry about.
  • Lukerz said:

We got turned over by a Freddie Ljungberg Arsenal last season. Yes it is disappointing but some perspective is needed. We have come so far. It was a great game & we take the point. We should have had enough about us to win, Antonio scores to make it 4-2 and it’s job done.

Seriously? You actually can’t believe that people are feeling negative that we threw away a three goal lead? I can’t believe anyone would be feeling anything other than very negative after watching that last hour.

What happened last season has literally no bearing on anything today.
  • I am disappointed, but some of the comments are embarrassing, we need a bit of a reality check
  • Lukerz said:

I am disappointed, but some of the comments are embarrassing, we need a bit of a reality check

I don’t think anyone has been OTT, tbh. I’ve not seen any crazy comments about calling for the managers head or saying the seasons over or anything like that. Yes. We’ve had a brilliant season. But I don’t care how good your season is, throw away a three goal lead and it’s a very bad result.
  • It really feels as though Moss objected to the justifiable criticism by Moyes for blowing when Lingard was through, as he gave us absolutely nothing after that, and blew at every opportunity for them. Extremely poor display.
  • You cannot take anything positive at all out of throwing away a three goal lead at home to a side below you in the league.
  • I'm incredibly disappointed, honestly. Of course they upped their game massively, but at the same time we played with almost no composure from the minute our third goal went in.

We had to suck the life out of that game until half-time, but we retreated deeper and deeper and didn't have the nerve to play some passes.
  • Defence was poor for the first time in a long while. Credit to Arsenal however as once the first goal came back they showed such tenacity and belief.

No team should lose after being three up.
  • Antonio really should have made it 4-2 though, Sandra Redknapp puts that away no bother.
  • You cannot take anything positive at all out of throwing away a three goal lead at home to a side below you in the league.

Well that's just not right....in my opinion of course
  • Look on the bright side, we’re still 7 points ahead of Arsenal - we’d have been delighted at that at the start of the season
  • I think it’s a very fair result, gutted that we were 3 up and didn’t win, for sure.. but not sure anyone is to blame , just a cracking game of football, and we didn’t lose.
    I’m already over feeling gutted...that lasted 5 minutes after the game, certainly won’t be watching it again, but this is the way it goes sometimes...5th in the league, that’s good for me...
    We’ve come a long way! Compared to last season, chalk and cheese...
    Must do all we can to make Lingard a permanent signing
  • Just comes down to squad depth. Our first 12 or 13 players are burning out. Antonio looks spent.
  • We need Ogbonna back. Diop hasn’t stepped up and Dawson has not been so good either recently.
  • Shame to drop two points but Arsenal had a strong bench. We had no game changers, only spent players like Noble or plodders like Fredericks. We need a better squad and it will take a while to build it. Fornals' energy was sorely missed today. I
  • Well Dawson is slowly wiping out the goals he’s scored for us. That’s 2 OGs in 2 games. All three of their goals and what could have been at least a couple more came down our left. Players had too much time to put the ball in.
    I don’t know why Noble gets on now because he jogs from side to side without actually contributing anything and preventing someone else from doing something. The Rice Soucek match gets lost when he’s on.